Might as well...

Discussion in 'Hunting Videos' started by desmond, Mar 31, 2020.

1. desmond

desmond "runnin' with sasquatch"

A couple of videos. The second one has "dreaded rock music".

2. Ratdog68

Ratdog68 LSB Official Story Teller LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY SUS VENATOR CLUB LoneStarBoars Supporter

Death sets his coffee cup down and mutters: "Damnit, I almost miss that troop of misfits." (Misfits smile in appreciation)

Nice job of tracking on that Black Sow, almost makes a feller wish he had a sickle/scythe to fight his way in/out. Almost wonder if she heard you coming for her and turned to face you before falling over dead.

Love that one-shot anchor at the feeder too. The stanky leg was in over-drive there. That little feller jumping all over, he had some fight in him.

Welcome back... now, sharpen your sickle and scythe Death ! LOL

3. desmond

Now you see why having a camera on my gun would not work. That and the fact that I only have a second or two to shoot, so turning the camera on/off etc., would be impossible. When the hogs start running I’m usually so close I can’t even use the scope I just use the sight at the end of the gun. After I shot the “black sow” her piglets came out of nowhere and chased after mom right in front of me. Must have been 10 of them. I fired more shots then I ever had before and got one. Hilarious seeing the fear on their faces with their ears pinned back hauling ass.

Bakester, Chopperdrvr and der Teufel like this.
  4. J BAR K

J BAR K Just trying to make a day. SUS VENATOR CLUB LoneStarBoars Supporter

Man, you really had to work for that black sow. But looked like you had a good blood trail to follow. Good job on the hunts!

5. desmond

It’s hard going through the trees and vines and really hard to capture the blood trail on camera. I have to bend down and go really slow or the blood does not show in the video. I was exhausted at the end. Thanks j bar.

6. J BAR K

J BAR K Just trying to make a day. SUS VENATOR CLUB LoneStarBoars Supporter

I hunt in small clearings that I bait. If I don’t get a good shot that puts them down lots of times I can’t track them. My place is primarily timber and all the undergrowth makes tracking very difficult. And now with water standing and mud everywhere it is really hard to do. I don’t like to lose them, but sometimes this old fat man just wears out before I can find them! Appreciate your efforts to locate that old sow.

desmond likes this.
  7. Wellbornpapa

Wellbornpapa Grumpy old f*** SUS VENATOR CLUB

Glad to see that population going down. Hope the corrections make the census.

desmond likes this.