Met up with Lancer and Alex 18 down.

Afalex1

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Saturday night.

Saturday night was not nearly as exciting. We covered a lot more property and saw a crap load of deer, but very few hogs. We went to the far reaches of Lancer's areas and came up with a goose egg. We went back to "Big Sky" and found a lone boar. We made the classic stalk, countdown, and heard 3 pppppssstttt, SMACKs, and the big boy did the curly shuffle. Perfect!

"Windmill" was the next stop on the list. Windmill isn't a big place to check over, but it consistently produces a pig or two. We made our way into the property and right away I spotted 2 hogs out my window. It is strange to see only 2 hogs together, but I think they are the leftovers of a sounder Lancer and I have been picking off each time we hunt. We made our stalk, countdown, and shots. The hogs dropped, but not without some chaos. The hogs moved behind a couple of bushes between us and them right as we did the countdown. We went ahead and shot through the thin bushes, but it still messed up our shots. Lancer and I were doubled up on one hog and it dropped in its tracks, but was still alive. TLM's target made a run for it and we all unleashed on it. It took a shoulder shot, hindquarters shot, and another in the neck before it gave up. As we walked up to the hogs, the one Lancer and I shot started to try to get up and make a break for it. TLM turned on his GOPRO in the PVS14 adapter and finished the hog with his 45 ACP.

This made a confirmed count of 17 with a potential 18th hog in the cactus. All in all it was a great weekend.

Lancer, I hope I got the property names and order correct. Its all a little fuzzy now.

Curly Shuffle

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Heck ya!! Now that is a hog expedition fo sure! GOOD ON YA!! You guys done good!! Major porkage!! BANG BANG!!

Lancer

LSB Active Member
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Saturday night.

Saturday night was not nearly as exciting. We covered a lot more property and saw a crap load of deer, but very few hogs. We went to the far reaches of Lancer's areas and came up with a goose egg. We went back to "Big Sky" and found a lone boar. We made the classic stalk, countdown, and heard 3 pppppssstttt, SMACKs, and the big boy did the curly shuffle. Perfect!

"Windmill" was the next stop on the list. Windmill isn't a big place to check over, but it consistently produces a pig or two. We made our way into the property and right away I spotted 2 hogs out my window. It is strange to see only 2 hogs together, but I think they are the leftovers of a sounder Lancer and I have been picking off each time we hunt. We made our stalk, countdown, and shots. The hogs dropped, but not without some chaos. The hogs moved behind a couple of bushes between us and them right as we did the countdown. We went ahead and shot through the thin bushes, but it still messed up our shots. Lancer and I were doubled up on one hog and it dropped in its tracks, but was still alive. TLM's target made a run for it and we all unleashed on it. It took a shoulder shot, hindquarters shot, and another in the neck before it gave up. As we walked up to the hogs, the one Lancer and I shot started to try to get up and make a break for it. TLM turned on his GOPRO in the PVS14 adapter and finished the hog with his 45 ACP.

This made a confirmed count of 17 with a potential 18th hog in the cactus. All in all it was a great weekend.

Lancer, I hope I got the property names and order correct. Its all a little fuzzy now.
You were spot on with the property names and did a great job as always of telling the tale. As usual I had a great time hunting with Alex and greatly enjoyed meeting "the Legend" ;) and look forward to hunting with you guys again soon. The good natured ribbing was almost as fun as the hunt!

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Sounds like fun! Good write up.

rgilbert

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Way to go guys. That's an impressive pile of pork there.

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Again, great job and good story.

gshock

Banned Member!
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Sounds like a good night ... happy hunting!

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Well where are the videos??

Jake

Bandera, Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Fun stuff guys. Heck of a hunt!