Mardi Gras Party Animals

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
After the lone boar I killed last week at the Honey Hole blind, I thought things would die down in that area. I was wrong! When I checked the camera cards on Sunday it was obvious another large boar had taken its place. I went back out last night to see if I could get the new king of the feeder. As you will see, things don’t always work out the way you would like when hunting (even for me, a self proclaimed expert hunter).

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Should be two dead porkers. #1 looked like a clean boiler-room hit. M'be yer holdin' yer tongue wrong, or sumpin'... "?"

gshock

Banned Member!
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Good boar down! Doesn't always work out as planned but sometimes it ends well.

J BAR K

Just trying to make a day.
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I bet that first one is out there somewhere. Looked a good hit to me. And the second dropped like a bad habit! Good shooting. Looks like I may have a few days with the wind calmed down and I’m ready to get back out myself.

der Teufel

Livin' the Dream …
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Yeah, #1 surely wound up as something's lunch
Good hit on #2.

Actually, good hit on #1 as well.

I've had a few that I was sure I hit, but they made it into the brush. I look for about 15-20 minutes, but if I can't find 'em by then I figure I won't be able to drag 'em out even if I could locate them. Everything in the woods gotta eat …

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Found Him!!

My wife and I took advantage of the beautiful weather for a change and went out to look for the lost boar. I decided to look the opposite direction from where I checked the other night and sure enough, I walked right up to him. He didn't make it very far from where I looked, but he was down in a deep creek ravine. I wouldn't have been able to move him even if I found him at night. The shot was a little low and exited a little far back. Perfect example of why you don't want to shoot a hog the same place you would shoot a deer.

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Congrats on the confirmed status. I had faith in yaz! That shot just looked too good to be a miss. Odd looking marinade you have him in though.

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Congrats on the confirmed status. I had faith in yaz! That shot just looked too good to be a miss. Odd looking marinade you have him in though.
Don't question my cooking methods, after all, I am a coon ass and we eat ANYTHING. By the way, he was already getting quit aromatic.

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
I'm surprised there were no comments about the video at 1:51. That 120 SST really turned his brown eye blew.

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Don't question my cooking methods, after all, I am a coon ass and we eat ANYTHING. By the way, he was already getting quit aromatic.
I'd pay a dollar to watch you eat that one. LOL

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I'm surprised there were no comments about the video at 1:51. That 120 SST really turned his brown eye blew.
I missed the blew eye! That's a riot. I had to go back and watch it again. Very nice touch. LOL

der Teufel

Livin' the Dream …
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Odd looking marinade you have him in though.

Reminds me of an old cartoon —
Two cowboys are by a small creek. One is kneeling and scooping up some water to drink, the other is standing and looking a little ways up the stream.
Cowboy #2 says "Hey, there's the reason the water tastes funny. There's a dead cow up here …"

Me, I'm originally from Southeast Texas so I'm only half Coonass. The other half is Redneck.

J BAR K

Just trying to make a day.
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Glad you found him. I always like to know they are dead. Good hunt !

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Reminds me of an old cartoon —
Two cowboys are by a small creek. One is kneeling and scooping up some water to drink, the other is standing and looking a little ways up the stream.
Cowboy #2 says "Hey, there's the reason the water tastes funny. There's a dead cow up here …"

Me, I'm originally from Southeast Texas so I'm only half Coonass. The other half is Redneck.
Always... drink UPstream from the herd. LOL I thought you were going to say the second cowboy was upstream and peeing in the stream.