Magazines

Pilot00

Any particular 6.8 mag to buy? Any specific one which is troublesome? Anyone have ar-15 brand 6.8 mags?

theblakester

Got a black belt in keeping it real.
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
CPD is the only company that makes a dedicated 20 rd 6.8 magazine that I'm aware of. ASC has done well for me in 25 rd mags. PRI are supposedly the best. I had a spring in a 15 round PRI 6.8 magazine break. But it was my primary magazine for 3 years and I never cleaned/lubed it.

gshock

Banned Member!
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Any particular 6.8 mag to buy? Any specific one which is troublesome? Anyone have ar-15 brand 6.8 mags?

I've tried PRI and ASC. PRI are built pretty solid but I've had issues with them in the past. ASC seem to work well, definitely not built as well as PRI but they aren't too pricey. Magpul does make 6.8 mags but those are only compatible with the LWRC lowers.

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
No complaints thus far, all my 6.8 mags are CPD.

Jhop

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
I use 15 roubd PRI mags, they are well built. Pricey like others have posted but I've never had a problem with the 6 I use. I also have a 5 round PRI mag that I use for zeroing my rifle. Never had an issue with that one either. I have about 20 months of hard use on them.