Made it to Florida, First night out hog hunting

jglass

LSB Member
My first night out hog hunting and only 90 minutes after sundown. I was having so much fun taking pictures of the hog I didn't shoot him. I just didn't feel like dressing out a hog tonight. At one point the hog was only 20 feet away. It was quite a thrill actually. Pictures taken with a Pulsar XQ38 Trail thermo imaging rifle scope. It also takes video, and it has a WiFi.

What's that noise:

Holy crap, a wild hog, didn't think I would see anything tonight, the perfect shot, but do I feel like dressing out a hog tonight, Naaa, having to much fun taking pictures:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v30/jglass/Thermo%20imaging%20with%
20Pulsar/perfect%20shot.jpg

Oh boy, here he is 20' away, am I going to regret not shooting this bad boy tonight, I think I'll just watch him and see what I can learn.

Hope you guys enjoyed these as much as I did taking the pictures.

jglass

LSB Member
Love this thermo imaging scope. I can see hogs before I reach my tree stand out there dinning on my bait pile. I always thought they were there, never could see them before.

Thermo really doesn't miss much, I can see the smallest animals. If a hog is behind the crotch of a tree and can still see it is there. I stopped taking my night vision monocular out to the tree stand. Thermo is so much more superior. I would like to have a thermo monocular now. The AR-15 and the scope is a tad heavy.