M485 Gen2 with **** Pro IR Torch for sale

rob072770

Lewisville NC
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
The (2.8x) M845 Gen II+ Mil Spec night vision weapon sights are designed for use with 5.56mm and 7.62mm weapons. The compact, lightweight systems with wide fields of view are particularly suited for acquiring and targeting short and intermediate range targets. Aiming is accomplished with a bore sighted red dot which is superimposed over target. Pristine optics optimize Gen II+ tube performance providing enhanced target acquisition and engagement. Produced by Litton and acquired from surplus stock, each M845 Mark II is in mint condition and complies with all original Mil Spec standards.

URL=http://s1337.photobucket.com/user/Rob072770/media/M-485_02_zps45105fec.jpg.html]
M-485_02_zps45105fec.jpg
[/URL]

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Purdy.... how much?

Afalex1

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Please post a price in your ad.

Thank you

rob072770

Lewisville NC
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I would like to get $1,500 for the whole rig 2k retail

PS : OBO need pretty close to what I am asking.

Last edited:

rob072770

Lewisville NC
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Price drop $1,150including shipping this is a deal.

Afalex1

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
This is a steal!

rob072770

Lewisville NC
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Ok is that an offer?

Afalex1

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Wish I could say it is. Just a bump for a good deal.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
How doe this compare to the new Sightmark Photon Inexpensive Digital NV
Sorry to ask but does this have a built in reticle or do you have to use something else to target? Thanks

rob072770

Lewisville NC
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
How doe this compare to the new Sightmark Photon Inexpensive Digital NV
Sorry to ask but does this have a built in reticle or do you have to use something else to target? Thanks
I,have no idea it uses a red dot. You can see firefly glint at 80 yds. Ask HD about the scope. He told me a great value for the GEN2+ for the money. When I was looking at buying. You can see his remarks if you search the 6.8 forum.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
A separate red dot? so the sight itself does not have a reticle?

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
It should have its own reticle Frank. It's a stand alone scope. I think he misunderstood your question.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
OK, thanks, can't find a demo online to see it live.

Hunt TXHogs

LSB Member
Frank -

The scope offered here is known in the NV industry as one of the best bang for your buck with regards to resolution.

You'd have to ask Rob (seller) what version of the M845 it is (MK 1 /2 / 3 / 4) and then you'd have to research the features of the version.

In other words don't read the current specifications of MK4 thinking that is what you are buying.

All that said, Rob's current price is unbelievably low with the Torch Pro included in the package - I am absolutely astonished that the scope is still available as it holds exceptional value.

So here is my answer to your question regarding how it compares to the Photon, and I have a storied history for making this remark across many forums.

You cannot compare Digital NV to Image Intensification Technology NV it is like comparing apples to oranges.

There is nothing about the two that is similar, digital lags behind however it is more affordable - in the case of your Photon vs M845 situation this still holds true however you should consider the following in making a choice.

• Warranty - Advantage Photon (3 year vs whatever remains on a used 1 year)
  • Magnification - Advantage M845 inside of 100 yards (based on quick acquisition of target and wider field of view for followup shots) Advantage Photon beyond 100 yards
  • Dusk and Dawn use - Advantage Photon
  • Use in no moonlight conditions without IR - Advantage M845
  • Recording your hunts - Advantage Photon
  • Eye Strain - Advantage M845 - looking through a digital optic is like placing your eye up to a video screen at night, you will experience eye strain faster than with image intensification (green NV). If you don't have a handheld monocular to scan then you might think hard about weighting this high on your mind in your decision.
Goodluck, to you both.

I'm a Pulsar ProStaff member but to be honest the price is so smokin hot on this deal with the IR that if I were in your shoes I would be getting Rob some shipping info and a check based on his report on hours of use and condition of the unit.

HTXH

rob072770

Lewisville NC
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
So Rob, based on the above, what version is your unit so I can research and how much warranty is left on it? Thank you.

HT, I do have a Gen1 hand held for scanning.

rob072770

Lewisville NC
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Well does some know how to check it is a year old. Does it say on the scope? I bought is from Optics Planet I will check.

rob072770

Lewisville NC
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Frank we have the serial number does anyone know how to look up?

PS: I will call Optics Planet and ask them tomorrow.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
No sir I don't, in fact I did not know there were different versions in the first place.