LWTS down

hdfireman

Blackstone Arms
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I went out to a friends new ranch this weekend to do some hog hunting. I was getting all my gear ready I turn on the LWTS clip-on thermal to check the battery status, it showed 3/4 full. As I was looking around it shut off and would not come back on. I then put a new set of batteries in it, turned it on and within 20 seconds it shut off again. Battery level showed full. I opened the battery compartment and it had a fair amount of corrosion down on the contacts. What looked the most concerning was that one contact was black, like it got hot.

I always store my gear without batteries if they are going to be up for some time. This set of batteries was 1 week old and I left them in there because I knew I was going hunting this weekend. They should not have corroded in 1 week and the one contact should have not gotten hot.

I sent a RMA request for repair to EOTech this morning so we will see how long it takes them to get back with me. The unit was build 02/2014 and I purchased it new in 12/2014. Time to test our EOTech's customer service! :confused:

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Man, that bites. Sorry to hear it. Hope they get it squared away quickly for ya.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
with all the returns they are doing it might take the awhile, good luck

theblakester

Got a black belt in keeping it real.
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Hopefully it's not too long.. Maybe they can get a rush on it since you're a VIP/dealer of their products?

theblakester

Got a black belt in keeping it real.
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Your site says u sell the eotech xps-3... Either way, hopefully u don't have to wait a long time for it back. But anything over 5 seconds is long for me if I'm thinking about it

gshock

Banned Member!
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I hear their customer service is good. Hope you get it back soon!

hdfireman

Blackstone Arms
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Your site says u sell the eotech xps-3... Either way, hopefully u don't have to wait a long time for it back. But anything over 5 seconds is long for me if I'm thinking about it
Not a direct dealer.

D

djones

man that sux. don't those things cost about a billion dollars? hope it turns out well!

hdfireman

Blackstone Arms
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Update- I sent 2 online request for Repair RA# with no reply. I then tried to call the number listed and no answer. I then talked to a rep I know and he gave me an email. 24 hours after sending an email I got a reply. The unit was purchased in December of 2014, so just over a year old. They advised me that it was not under warranty and gave me an RA# to send it in. Cost me $100 to check it out and when they find the problem they will contact me with the repair estimate. Think you'd get better service on a $12,000 thermal. I'll send it in this week and play the wait and see game!

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I would just be sick

gshock

Banned Member!
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Update- I sent 2 online request for Repair RA# with no reply. I then tried to call the number listed and no answer. I then talked to a rep I know and he gave me an email. 24 hours after sending an email I got a reply. The unit was purchased in December of 2014, so just over a year old. They advised me that it was not under warranty and gave me an RA# to send it in. Cost me $100 to check it out and when they find the problem they will contact me with the repair estimate. Think you'd get better service on a $12,000 thermal. I'll send it in this week and play the wait and see game!

ugh!! Hope it's not too much.

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
We all need to buy a new 6.8 so you can pay your repair bill???

Curly Shuffle

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
HOLY COW!!! WOW!! Other than sorry about that I do not know what else to say. Hope it is something not to expensive. So the way I read it is 12K just over a year old and no warranty?? Well I will cross them off the list. Not like something that much would be on my list anywhos but what the heck I will cross them off the list just for kicks! BANG BANG!!

Wildfowler

Mis'sippi
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Oh no!

I sure hope once they get it in hand they'll realize they should just warranty repair the item anyway.

Fingers crossed!!

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Wow only $100 that is $150 cheaper than it used to be. Not to be negative but do not expect a cheap repair.