Lowest AR 1" tube mounts?

LSB Active Member
I'm looking for the lowest 1" picatinny mounts out there for 1" tubes anyone have a suggestion? Thanks....the least expensive option is best please.

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Without knowing the diameter of the scope you plan to use, it's impossible to give you advice. Also, being as low as possible to the rail might make it impossible for you to get a comfortable cheek weld causing your accuracy to suffer.

LSB Active Member
SorryI forgot to include that….42 mm. As far as cheek weld this is why I'm doing it. I have all of the combs on my bolt action rifle's built up, but on an AR it's even more of a challenge. I have an incredibly highly placed cheekbone. Or I believe the technical name is orbital bone/socket? Either way I've always struggled to get my cheek weld on an AR as locked in as I feel as it is on a bolt. On my bolt I don't even have to think about anything I just raise it up and it's locked in I'm never quite there with my AR I'm always fidgeting

FrankT

Destin FL
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I use the burris PEPR

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
My Burris Pepr just broke so waiting for a replacement I grabbed some out of the drawer, all sets of rings I had were too low to see so I found a set of temporary Leupold rings at Academy Sports for $20. They are higher than the standard but still lower than preferred. The problem with them like any low rings is that grabbing the charging handle has become an awkward process. Granted, you don't need to charge the AR a bunch but something that can be a major pain if not thought out.