Looking for some guidance and foresight

Brian Shaffer

Hog Hunter
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Listen to TLM. My dad retired from Dallas PD as well. What he is saying rings very true. With that said, if you are letting your son take his own path, then let him take it. He doesn't need you to buy him a gun or gun training, not yet. Guns, while absolutely critical at times, play a very small role in law enforcement work. You would help him much more by getting him training in counseling, dispute resolution, and personal anger management. He is going to be spending a LOT more time trying to help folks who are not in a good way for all sorts of reasons than he is going to spend time trying to shoot them.

Harris hawker

LSB Member
Listen to TLM. My dad retired from Dallas PD as well. What he is saying rings very true. With that said, if you are letting your son take his own path, then let him take it. He doesn't need you to buy him a gun or gun training, not yet. Guns, while absolutely critical at times, play a very small role in law enforcement work. You would help him much more by getting him training in counseling, dispute resolution, and personal anger management. He is going to be spending a LOT more time trying to help folks who are not in a good way for all sorts of reasons than he is going to spend time trying to shoot them.
Like I said, this is his choice and his choice only.
I am not forcing him into this.

But this is the type of feedback I need.
I might look into some night or summer classes in that area for him.
That's a great idea Brian!!
Thanx.

And yes
He lays down on everything.
I keep a close eye when the girlfriend is around.
:0

BigRedDog

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Well said