Looking for IR light for helmet/pvs-14

theblakester

Got a black belt in keeping it real.
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Hello, I'm looking for a new IR light to mount to the helmet with a pvs-14. Something that works. Don't really wanna spend a whole lot of $ on one. I somehow lost mine on a hunt recently. It was the UNV IR 20 or something like that.
Any suggestions to get a similar light for a lot cheaper?

Wassman

Houston, Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Certainly not a long range unit, but I use a sidewinder compact for my helmet light. Perfect for just walking around and makes me visable to others with NV, but not so bright you get a red glow. Then you have white, red, and blue light too when NV is not used. Been happy with mine over 2 years of use and still going strong. Only draw back is the cr123 batts.
Tactical Hand-Held Series - Sidewinder Compact® | Streamlight

Brian Shaffer

Hog Hunter
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
The UNV20 IR is just a T20. You can get those for about $40 for an Evolva from Amazon https://www.amazon.com/Evolva-Future-Technology-Flashlight-Invisible/dp/B00U77KP56 or $16 through these folks (I don't know them)...Buy UniqueFire UF-T20 850nm Infrared Red Zooming IR Flashlight (1*18650 batetry,not included) , from for $15.99 only in Main Website. Worldwide Fast Free Shipping!

How about $12 through Amazon Prime for an Ultrafire IR?

https://www.amazon.com/Ultrafire-Wf...12559&sr=8-1&keywords=ultrafire+ir+flashlight

It will take 18650 rechargeable batteries or CR123s.

Last edited:

Terry

Texas, Land of the Free
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I use the Pulsar model below it has adjustable power,adjustable focus, mount on helmet pic rail and has a easy to use and silent noise wise on/off button. It will get on out there to 200+ yards in a tight beam plus work in woods on low power/wide focus just a good general do it all model. Nothing fancy or impressive build wise but at $100 it works. They also make the 940 model for stealth but I'm sure you loose a lot of range.

Pulsar® 805 IR Flashlight

JPK

LSB Active Member
If you search Amazon for IR flashlight you will find many options. For helmet mounting the small AA powered 940nm lights are cheap, small, stealthy and light, and mount on a helmet (or rifle) mounted rail with a cheap Weaver 1" low scope ring. They provide more than adequate IR light without so much that the PVS 14's autogating is working overtime.

A T20 is best used as a handheld IR flashlight, imo, and when on high power it will light up a tree line 500yds away and more on a clear night.

JPK

Jake

Bandera, Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I second what Brian said, the cheap T20s are impressive. JPK recommended them a long time ago and I love them. He is right, they are pretty heavy and bright for helmet mounting though.

theblakester

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I bought 3 different cheap ones. One being the 4 bulb T20 cheapo

theblakester

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Thanks for the pointers.. No pun intended