Long Stalk, Two Boars

Discussion in 'Hunting Videos' started by Brian Shaffer, May 16, 2019.

1. Brian Shaffer

Brian Shaffer Pro Staff Third Coast Thermal SUS VENATOR CLUB LoneStarBoars Supporter

I had not been on this property in 2.5 weeks, mostly because of the rains. I showed up last evening and was impressed by how much the fields had grown up. I was not so impressed with the gnat and mosquito population explosion that had gone on as well. The gnats were not impressed with Thermacell and the mosquitoes were only mildly amused by OFF bug spray.

Right after arriving, spied hogs about 1000 yards distant, so I opted to head over to see if I could get a shot. Passing through the low area by the small lake on the property, the vegetation was waist to chest high, which I did not enjoy going through. Later, after the hunt was over, I walked the long way out of the property, back out to the highway and around to the front entrance as opposed to going through that mess in the dark.

It was a small sounder. I figured the large hogs were sows, but only managed to shoot boars...

gshock likes this.
  2. der Teufel

der Teufel Livin' the Dream … SUS VENATOR CLUB

Well, a good night's work, eh?
    Not bad at all, I'd say.

Keep After 'Em!

3. Ratdog68

Ratdog68 LSB Official Story Teller LoneStarBoars Supporter

Two solid kills with two shots is never a bad thing. Congrats. And, you KNOW you have more for next time too. Nice to see you're keeping the kid busy recording equipment advertisement spots for ya. Make her EARN her chocolate chip cookies now. :D

Brian Shaffer likes this.
  4. scrmblr1982cj8

scrmblr1982cj8 LSB Active Member LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY LoneStarBoars Supporter

Great hunt! Absolutely beautiful setting!

5. J BAR K

J BAR K Just trying to make a day. SUS VENATOR CLUB LoneStarBoars Supporter

The long walk paid off. Good shooting!

6. gshock

gshock Banned Member! SUS VENATOR CLUB LoneStarBoars Supporter

Good hogs down!