Long range shooting in the McKinney Tx area?

John Jackson

Hi guys! I live in the McKinney, Tx area, and am looking for a decent place to shoot longer range (>200 yards). Any recommendations?

Curly Shuffle

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Hi guys! I live in the McKinney, Tx area, and am looking for a decent place to shoot longer range (>200 yards). Any recommendations?
When you find one let me know. Our ranges do not go that far. We do have a couple but those are all booked and the waiting list to get on is a mile long and most of the time they have even cut the waiting list. I finally do have a friend that is on one that goes to 500 (I think) and I'm still waiting for him to call and let me know when we are going. There are just not that many of those around. Welcome to LSB (PORK CENTRAL)!! BANG BANG!!

SheepdogM59

Pride, Integrity, Guts
I’m in the same area and the only thing I’ve found is a friends land but as far as public ranges With long yardage, they don’t exist in our area.

BlaserF3

Fossil Pointe Sporting Grounds in Decatur has what you are looking for and a great place to shoot sporting clays also.

songdogslayer

I know there is a guy on Texas hunting forum that has a 800 yard range not far from you. Firemanjg is his handle but I dont know all the details