Light for Tracking Blood

LegendRider

Cross, South Carolina
The other evening I shot a Buck & I had to follow the Blood Trail into the woods with thick underbrush. I was using a flashlight with white light. Is a red or blue light a better choice to use for tracking a blood trail at night. Oh yes I did find the Buck! Thanks Glenn

Afalex1

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
I've heard an old Coleman lantern works well. But, I prefer a really bright light.

FrankT

Destin FL
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Blue light brightens the blood supposedly

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I have no idea but they sell blue lights for tracking...Kmart bloody?

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Hey you never know, last I saw them they were a mess and a bunch of cheap stuff...been several years.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
No I am old enough to remember that, zombies you think?

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
"Attention KMart Shoppers"... FrankT... a resident "blue light special" ?

calvin-blue-light-special.gif

blue.jpg

LegendRider

Cross, South Carolina
I remember the BLUE LIGHT SPECIAL at K Mart. Man that was a long time ago. We don't have a K-Mart in my area now, been gone for a long time. Wonder if they still have them!! LOL!!!

I purchase a white LED light with a adjustable beam. I think that may work better than a narrow bean light that I'm currently been using.

Glenn

pruhdlr

Cantonment,Fla.
SUS VENATOR CLUB
I say...the brighest and whitest that you can get. I have been on two night time deer recovery operations in the last two weeks. I have a small 2000L that uses one 18650 that works great. As a backup,in my backpack ,I carry two more. One is a 1400L and the other is a(IIRC) 4800L. I also have on a head light that puts out 1000L+. I also carry 6,18650 batts. They all are of the 5000mAh variety.

All my above stuff comes from China. All of it is ABSOLUTELY worth the price paid. --- pruhdlr

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
My local KMart finally closed up. Long before it was KMart, it was a "Whitefront". "KMart" was a step UP from them. LOL

Wildfowler

Mis'sippi
SUS VENATOR CLUB
I'm different. I think I can track better with a moderate bright light. Not the brightest. I may be more sensitive to the light. My weapon mounted 1000 lumen Olight is more difficult for me to use. It has a very narrow beam spotlight.

I've got a fenix pd32 which has a "warmer" white led emitter. I use that light on the middle intensity settings and have good luck.

I personally think this is a great flashlight and very reasonably priced. I got it shipped last year for about $65. On the highest setting, it's about 700 lumen and total floodlight. You can light up and entire food plot to about 50 yards with it.

Now that I'm thinking about it, I may do better with the fenix because it's a flood light not a spot?

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter