Leupold LTO-Tracker 2 HD

Larry

Looking to buy Leopold LTO-Tracker 2 HD
They retail for about 1200
Leopold LTO-Tracker HD at Optics Planet is about 600

Main question - I rarely shoot beyond 200yds, is the Tracker 2 worth 1200, would the Tracker HD be a better choice at half the price? Or would you guys suggests another unit? If so, why not the Tracker.

Wildfowler

Mis'sippi
SUS VENATOR CLUB
I’ll be honest. I had to look this product up. So I obviously have no firsthand experience/information.

Looking at the specs, the HD version has a higher pixel core of 320.

I remember looking through an old FLIR with a less sensitive core of 240 and it was very bad compared to the 320’s of today.

In my opinion, something with at least 320 would be my minimum choice. Although I would prefer more given the opportunity.

So you say you rarely shoot beyond 200 yards. This product is just a monocular for viewing only isn’t it? Regardless, The 320 core with 18 degree field of view should be able to “see” hog and deer sized animals much further than that and probably close to twice as far as the cheaper model can see them.

I’m thinking you should be able to see a “spot” 6-700 yards away for that sized animal? Maybe more?

I also noted that both units can be operated at extremely high temperatures should the need ever arise.

Rookie

LSB Member
I have a buddy who had one. He was less than impressed.

What do you have now, what's your goal, and what's your budget?

Larry

Thanks guys, good info.
Right now I'm using a Armasight CO-MR clip-on on my scope, in the thick cover of northern Florida. I'm well satisfied with the CO. However, being in a tree stand or box blind it's really a pia to try to scan the area with AR, scope, CO etc I've got an old ATN $100 monocular that is somewhat useful but certainly not a thermal. So that's the main reason. Secondly, it would be nice to do some blood tracking for wounded animals.
The Leopold Tracker II HD msrp is about $1,300. I don't want to go above that.

Last edited: