"Leaving the Property" Boar

Brian Shaffer

Hog Hunter
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I just love to get these, especially after seeing a bunch of nothing for 4 hours. You know how it is, you think nothing is moving, your hunt is over, so you creep out of the property, hoping to see a hog or coyote that might give you a shot, but not really expecting anything to happen because that is exactly how the rest of the night has gone. Well, I came around a corner and spied a bunch of animals out in front of me. A couple were up and I could see long necks, meaning they were not hogs. Some were bedded down and I could see their heads popped up above the grass - not hogs. Some were grazing, but one of the grazing animals was moving around quite a bit more than the others and I watched him for about 30 seconds before I decided that he may be a hog and that I needed to get closer...

rgilbert

LSB Active Member
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Grendel will do that everytime! LOL

der Teufel

Livin' the Dream …
SUS VENATOR CLUB
"A little bit worse for wear after the hunt"

You have a gift for understatement! But I agree, if it's worth shooting once, it's worth shooting twice.
Nice going. Keep After 'Em!

gshock

Banned Member!
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Good quick vid and nice hunt!

Brian Shaffer

Hog Hunter
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I am thinking that if I use the elevated fuel truck blind on my next hunt that I will be able to see over the "vegegation" more easily and maybe not have to make so many follow-up shots.

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Triple Tap. Never too many on a squirmy hog!