laser range finder w/night vision

Discussion in 'Optics' started by theblakester, May 28, 2016.

1. theblakester

theblakester Got a black belt in keeping it real. LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY SUS VENATOR CLUB LoneStarBoars Supporter

Can you see the IR laser from a laser range finder with a pvs-14 at night?

2. Chopperdrvr

Chopperdrvr Deep East Tx SUS VENATOR CLUB

Yes you can. But unfortunately for me, I can't figure out how to turn on any lighting in the finder so I can't read the distances.

theblakester likes this.
  3. theblakester

theblakester Got a black belt in keeping it real. LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY SUS VENATOR CLUB LoneStarBoars Supporter

Hmm, u think using your cell phone screen to light up the display on the rangefinder would work?

4. jrweston

jrweston New Member SUS VENATOR CLUB

I have a Sig Kilo Rangefinder and you can easily see the IR laser while ranging looking through the PVS-14. I just hold the rangefinder on one eye and the PVS-14 on the other eye. The display on the Sig Kilo auto adjust the display brightness which helps in low light.

theblakester likes this.
  5. Hard_ware

Hard_ware Here piggy piggy! Deep Deep S. TX.

Small flex led light wrap some white cloth over led to diffuse it then the electrical tape to diameter necessary to fit into front. This will only work if the laser has its own lenses and the viewfinder looks straight thru. I have one setup for my range finder this way.
    Like this style range finder[​IMG]

Black tape will hide any light from critters and you will see yardage nice and bright.

theblakester, Afalex1 and Chopperdrvr like this.