killer vs predator

D

djones

i spotted two animals across the field. they were too far to id, but i knew one was a coyote by the way it moved. i've seen multiple yotes in this field before and suspected the other animal was a yote too. wind was absolutely howling, so i advanced the truck farther than usual. i figured the yote would take off but i planned on driving the turnrow to get close to the other animal in case it was a hog.

when i entered the field i made a quick check to confirm their location. remarkably the yote was coming right towards me, and i was still in the truck! i let him come in thinking i'd be able to get off a quick shot if he busted me. a mouse startled him, and i figured he'd go after it. he acted like he knew something was wrong but couldn't figure out what. then he changed his mind about coming in and turned away, so i took the shot at about 40 yards.

i quickly looked across the field to see if the other animal was a hog and if he was running. it was a hog but the wind was so strong he didn't hear me. i continued to circle around but he was moving my direction. next time i stopped to check, he had the pivot behind him. i tried to cut him off on foot to get a clearer shot but he kept coming. my position was getting worse, and i felt solid about the shot, so i just went ahead and took him.

IMG_1307_zps4zomh81e.jpg

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Two shots, two kills... tonight. Nice work Jedi, the force was with you, instead of the farce.

gshock

Banned Member!
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
1st round KO for both! Good vids. ; )

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
So who was doing the shooting then the recording, since no dirt clods were injured we know it had to be someone other than DJ shooting.

theblakester

Got a black belt in keeping it real.
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Nice shooting man! Good work. Are u, if so, what suppressor are you running?

OneK

LSB Active Member
Staff member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Nice! Love those windy nights!

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter