Killed a Smallish Sow on Neighbor's Property

diggler1833

LSB Active Member
***I have permission to kill hogs on his land***

This is from last week. I went out under almost a full moon. I never see sounders out under this kind of light but...

Spotted a sounder just tearing up the back of our neighbors 84-acre patch while I was in our heifer pasture. Thought that they might work their way over to me, so I just sat and watched them over the fence for nearly 45 minutes.

It finally looked like they were heading south towards one of our other pastures, so I started my way around over there. As luck would have it, I arrived at our fence as they were about 50-60 yards away from it and closing.

I took up against a tree for support as even in the treeline, I figured I'd be spotted moving pretty quickly at such a close range. Sure enough, as I drew up on the closest one it appeared as if she spotted me.

Initial shot was a bit low and ran the length of her body. She squealed and ran about 50 yards back before anchoring. So I had to scoot under the fence and put her down. The first hit was mortal, but I didn't want to see her suffer.

J BAR K

Just trying to make a day.
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Good shooting! Get them where you can!

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
One, is "more gooder" than none. Good kill.

lonepunman

LSB Active Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
This the breed of video that I particularly find useful and enjoy.

I don’t learn much from videos with crystal clear optics and forty hogs 60 yards away, ripping off rounds left and right with an occasional hit.

As you well described, sometimes hog hunting is not the saloon fight, but two old men in bowler hats at the back corner table playing chess.

Well played.

gshock

Banned Member!
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Good sow down!! Happy hunting!!