Killed a hard charger 8-12-13

Guess

Hog Zombie
SUS VENATOR CLUB
We picked the name HOG ZOMBIES for a several reasons one is because we are zombie like in our passion for hunting hogs. The other is the occasional, seemingly unkillable hog. Well today was that day! I was easing into an area I knew to hold hogs and as I rounded a big fallen tree, so did a hog. The hog hightailed it outta there before I could shoot! I kept going and could hear a hog splashing in the wallow below. I don’t know if it caught my scent or what but it shot outta there like a black deer! I got down to the waters edge and sat for a bit. I could hear hogs back in the brush and I started calling to them. I heard one grunt back to me, so I grunted again and here he came! He cleared the brush, spotted me and kept coming hard! I shot him at less that 20 yards and down he went. Problem was the sucker got up and came at me hard! I emptied the 4 more rounds point blank at him and he veered off to my left disappearing in the brush. I headed back to the truck for more ammo. Michelle met up with me and we found my hog.
It was now dark and we moved on to look for more hogs with the thermal device. Michelle spotted a group of hogs near a tank; she quickly got into position and dropped the hog with one shot. It flopped a little then stopped. When she got over to look at the hog it tried to get up, and then went back down.
As we entered the next field we saw a big group of hogs in the distance. I was closing the distance on them when a hog I didn’t see spooked and ran. I got on it and dropped it with a head shot. As head shot hogs do it flopped around a bit and then quit. I got it set up for pictures and it did something I’ve never had one do. We were half way through taking pics and this hog jumps straight up then falls back over! Michelle got a good laugh outta that since when she walked up and checked it I goosed her and squealed!
1150996_576323609073003_2070129539_n.jpg

1184959_576324215739609_831611914_n.jpg

1176325_576324482406249_244683026_n.jpg

Guess

Hog Zombie
SUS VENATOR CLUB
sorry for all the blood. wasn't much cleaning these up!

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
sorry for all the blood. wasn't much cleaning these up!

Great story! No problem with blood here! What caliber are you using? And what bullet?

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Bloody hogs is no problem here ! Congrats.

Guess

Hog Zombie
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Hornady 6.8 SPC 120gr. SST

Afalex1

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Good story. What kind of setup does Michelle have on her rifle. It looks like a daytime magnifier, eotech exps, and a thermal imager or camera up front. Are you guys using NV too? Just curious.

Aspp

Central California
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Thanks for the story! If you looked up "double tuff" in the dictonary you would see a picture of John Wayne and in an addendum there would be a note that hogs are the next closest thing. Good shooting, and watch out for them zombie hogs!

Guess

Hog Zombie
SUS VENATOR CLUB
yes we are using the CNVD-T thermal infront of our normal set up. We are sponsored by EOTech. Greta guys great company.

Afalex1

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
For real! I guess we need to make a lot more videos and talk to a lot more people. LOL!

Guess

Hog Zombie
SUS VENATOR CLUB
It took me forever to get where I am. It is tough getting your foot in the door. They get hammered by people wanting freebies. Writing is what helped me. Larry Weishuhn got me into that. I figured I was too illiterate to write, until he asked me to write for him. I thought he was pulling my leg when he asked. great guy!

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Gawd, we needed that dead hog jumping up while taking pics on film, that had to be a real shock! Good story!!

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Gawd, we needed that dead hog jumping up while taking pics on film, that had to be a real shock! Good story!!

Lol I hunted with a guy once that wanted to stab a pig real bad, some kind of knife fetish I guess. Anyways we found a sounder and shot about 8 hogs out of it. There was one large sow still alive so he wanted to finish her off with his knife. I told him it was a bad idea she was still very alive, but he was on a mission. Now when he got to her she jumps up and lets out a grunt. That boy jumped about 4 foot in the air and was trying to run full speed at the same time! I popped her while he was recovering from his panic attack lol!