Just got back from....

Froggerzack

Diana, TX (East TX)
Filling the pig pipe (that the raccoons apparently didn't get the memo it's for the PIGS!) As I opened my door I spied a pile of poo that didn't seem to belong to a coon.
ResizedImage_1376768880440_zpsd2f61b31.jpg

I should have laid something down by it for reference. They are small maybe the size between a nickle to a quarter. I really don't think it's from a coon from the volume there.
So what does it come from? Pig maybe?

FrankT

Destin FL
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
LoneStarBoars Supporter
yep

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Where are ya?

Aspp

Central California
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Where in the world are ya? Texas? looks a lot like elk scat, but it could be from one of those exotics you guys have down there. Hog scat tends to look a lot more like a funky dog turd than pellets.

Shooter

Bedford, Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
The guy to ask is TLM. He personally inspects that stuff!!

Sure enough, looks like pig doo doo !!!!!!!!

pruhdlr

Cantonment,Fla.
SUS VENATOR CLUB
The ones that are the size of a quarter are from a 320-350lb whitetail deer. The rest are from hogs.

Seriously .......... most of the hog scat that I have seen in NW Fla looks like that. It is usually in the rounder balls and not attached to each other as in the link that Frank provided. As with other animals it varies slightly according to their diet. Example: I have seen whitetail deer get the squirts from a diet heavy in the little brown mushrooms. I would suggest that the nickel to a quarter size is from a two different hogs(naturally)of the 50 and 100lb size.

If hog scat is in a pile vs in a long line(up to 5ft long)it is because they are "marking" ......kinda like a bear,coon,or fox does. IMO both sows and boar do this. --- pruhdlr