July 4th Surprise

JRHTX

Wife wanted to spend the 4th weekend at the ranch but didn't want me to hunt all night with the motion detectors. I agreed BUT told her I wasn't going without a rifle. She went to bed and I was finishing reading something and noticed the kill lights on high. Checked with the binoculars and could see something but couldn't get a good look. Got the thermal out and it was a good size hog. Went in told her to expect a shot and grabbed the rifle and tripod.
By the time I got everything together and on the front porch he had moved to my second feeder. OK, better shot. Shot, hog down, about 110-115 yards. I grabbed a flashlight, boots, 9mm, and phone and went to check him out. DAMN it was big. His eyes were still open and was trying to get up, crap, 9mm round to the head. That's the big bleed on his head.
I had a 2 day old new phone and something isn't set up correctly on the camera. I couldn't get the flash to work trying to photo the measure tape but he was 47.5". Couldn't hold the flashlight, phone, and measuring tape in 2 hands.
The first photo is just before I shot him. By Sunday the buzzards and coyotes had made short work of him.
IMG_0003.JPG IMG_0316.jpg IMG_0327.jpg IMG_4337.JPG
Then, finishing my second cup of coffee Sunday morning I see this sounder run in! I hit one but didn't find it before we left. Time for another hunt!!
IMG_0053.JPG

der Teufel

Livin' the Dream …
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Yep, I foresee more hunting in your future.

Good work so far, keep after 'em!

J BAR K

Just trying to make a day.
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Nice cutters on that big boy! And more for the next trip! Very cool. Good shooting

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Top off the mags and get to squeezin' that happy switch! Time to smoke some 'yote too. Nice hog, should make for a nice Euro mount.

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Nice job, good pictures. You should crawl in that culvert and blast away.
As soon as a buzz-worm crawls up his pant leg, he would too. LOL

gshock

Banned Member!
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Solid hog down!! Happy hunting!