Juice

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
On my one week off that I spent in Anchorage... I decided to revisit something I haven't done in a while. Went and bought a Juicer, and pounded down the veggies and fruits in juice form for the week. I'd been feeling pretty run down, and wanted to head off any chance of catching a bug. Felt pretty good by the end of the week, and noticed another bonus. It was sort of like hitting a reboot for my digestive system (in a good way). Didn't get to continue it on my three week hitch, and have been feeling it this last week.

Today, off to the market. Loaded up on fresh veggies and such, and fired the juicer up again this evening. Tomato, carrot, celery, cucumber, shallot. Spiked it with a little Worcestershire Sauce and some Chipotle Tabasco Sauce.

Making it by the pitcher full. They say you lose a little potency as it sits in the fridge... but, clean up is a little bit of a chore if you do a fresh batch each time you drink it.

Gonna do some fruit juice too, apples, oranges, watermelon. Probably grab some dark greens and some bananas to puree in the blender and add some juice to it. Gotta remove the zest from the oranges... the oils are a little hard to process on them (and limes). Lemons and grapefruit are fine with the zest on. That white pith under the outermost skin is good to juice up too... heavy in vitamins.

A lot of good, but, heavy food served at work... trying for a little "balance" while at home.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
you will be a shadow of your former self! I prefer to add vodka to my "juice"

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
LOL... I was thinking about that last night... tasted like a GOOD Bloody Mary Mix.