Joined the world of Thermal

Navygator

LSB Active Member
Decided to spring for a new sight for my hog slayer. With some help from several on these boards, I decided on the Zeus 336, 42mm at 30hz. It seems like the prices have dropped quite a bit lately, I am guessing because new lines are coming out. Had traded some emails with Delta 4-3 but he couldn't guarantee that I would get the scope in time. Very straight up guy and I appreciated the honesty and his opinion on different unit.
After more research, found a great price on the 336 at Night Vision Guys. They showed the unit in stock but when I called, they had shipped the last two that day. Steven (salesman from NVG) offered me the 60Hz version at the same price. He was easy to work with and expedited shipping at no expense. Pretty straight forward to work with them. It was my preference to buy through Delta 4-3 but NVG worked out OK.
On the way to Oklahoma for a week, we will see how the unit performs in the field but just using it around our house and I am pretty impressed. I only hunt three or four weeks a year so I didn't need top of the line so I think this scope will be just perfect and I thought it was at a reasonable price.
It came with a neat little remote which I have towards the front of the rifle where my left hand rests.

Thanks everyone for the help (TSB, Dave, Aaron...)

It's a Christmas present, so we get a festive background:

http://s1178.photobucket.com/user/navygator/media/IMG_1008_zps3f2ced8b.jpg.html] [/URL]

http://s1178.photobucket.com/user/navygator/media/IMG_1009_zps02551194.jpg.html] [/URL]

FrankT

Destin FL
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
LoneStarBoars Supporter
That is great, gave you a 60hz at the price of a 30, that is pretty cool...Good Luck!

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Merry Christmas to you! Good luck and have fun! Those poor piggys.

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Congrats on the Christmas present to you! Good luck on whacking you some pork.

dax2323

Boerne TX
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Start practicing.... Still have to look carefully at stuff... " is that a rabbit at 20yds in the brush or a pig at 150yds"

BigRedDog

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
just make sure of your target, that it really is what you think it is.

bullets don't give 'do overs'

fanninland

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Very nice - what a great Christmas gift. Good luck whackin' hogs - a great way to spend the holidays for sure.

Navygator

LSB Active Member
just make sure of your target, that it really is what you think it is.

bullets don't give 'do overs'
Yeah, I had a little experience when I rented one a couple of months ago and have boatloads of experience with weapons release criteria from my days in the Navy. At least the hogs aren't shooting back.

DaveABQ

Albuquerque, NM
congrats, you're definitely going to have some fun, looking forward to hearing the results

Navygator

LSB Active Member
Should be plenty more practice next week. They got tore up last night by a pretty big sounder. Grammy said it looks like the south side of the yard was tilled up overnight. Those hogs do love coming out after a little rain. Nice, soft ground to root up.

chthump

LSB Member
Thats the exact scope I purchased a few weeks ago from the same place. My only problem so far is, I had the scope shut off from recoil twice during two consecutive shots. After changing battery packs, it seemed to be fixed, I must have not completely tightened the cover (223 Ar setup). Amazing scope, every night, I have to go grab my toy and walk around the yard scanning for yotes/oinkers. My 6x nightvision scope is starting to gather dust.