Jeffs First Bobcats

Brian Shaffer

Hog Hunter
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Jeff is new to the world of thermal and had some questions about his new scope that I had been answering for him. He graciously invited me out hog hunting with him as a result. Well, the hog hunting did not turn out as planned, but Jeff shot 2 bobcats within a few minutes of one another. We weren't trying to call in predators, though I did try to slow down the first one with some lip squeaking. It was not impressed.

Jeff shot well. I don't know how it was that the first bobcat got very far, but despite looking for it twice that night and Jeff looking for it today, it was not to be found. We had a blood trail that petered out after 20 yards or so, then nothing. Jeff thinks maybe it made it into a tree and died and we just weren't seeing it. I don't know. It is just gone.

The second bobcat took two shots, the second shot finishing it off. Jeff could not have been more happy!

Middy53

LSB Member
Jeff is new to the world of thermal and had some questions about his new scope that I had been answering for him. He graciously invited me out hog hunting with him as a result. Well, the hog hunting did not turn out as planned, but Jeff shot 2 bobcats within a few minutes of one another. We weren't trying to call in predators, though I did try to slow down the first one with some lip squeaking. It was not impressed.

Jeff shot well. I don't know how it was that the first bobcat got very far, but despite looking for it twice that night and Jeff looking for it today, it was not to be found. We had a blood trail that petered out after 20 yards or so, then nothing. Jeff thinks maybe it made it into a tree and died and we just weren't seeing it. I don't know. It is just gone.

The second bobcat took two shots, the second shot finishing it off. Jeff could not have been more happy!

They are tough animals.

gshock

Banned Member!
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Pretty bob cat! Congrats to Jeff