It's MINE ALL MINE!!!!!

Discussion in 'NFA/CLASS 3 ITEMS OTHER THAN SUPPRESSORS' started by bldsmith, Mar 10, 2015.

1. bldsmith

bldsmith LSB Active Member LoneStarBoars Supporter

Got a great Birthday present Saturday. Was at my class 3 dealer and just happened to have my 458 Pistol with me. He grabbed it and went in the back room. Came back out with the suppressor on it. Not too unusual as they like to put things together and see how they feel. Then he said you might as well take it home!! Paperwork came in. Approved 6 months to the day they cashed my check.

[​IMG]

10/5" 458 SOCOM with a Lane Scorpion 458 all Titanium can. Now have to work up some good subs. Full bores throw a flame out to 3-4'. Lots of fun.

2. Itsazonik

Itsazonik Cape Coral, FL Vendor LoneStarBoars Supporter

Beautiful. I love my socom. I keep thinking I need to suppress mine as well. Have you tried the 100 grain aluminum bullets? They throw a 10 foot flame out the front

3. Ratdog68

Ratdog68 LSB Official Story Teller LoneStarBoars Supporter

Sweet !!

4. FrankT

FrankT Destin FL LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY LoneStarBoars Supporter TEAM OinK

going to have more fun now..congrats!

5. hdfireman

hdfireman Blackstone Arms SUS VENATOR CLUB Vendor LoneStarBoars Supporter

Congrats!! If thats is your first can start saving for many more!! LOL

6. bldsmith

Yes I did try the gallers. I sold you my remaining aluminums. I wrote about my experience with them on the 458 forums. Don't want to scrub my barrel again. I do like the service from Lehigh but not the aluminum bullets.

7. bldsmith

Oh yea. Been lusting after a 22rf can now. Looking at the All titanium Scorpion Rimfire. either that or just going for the Scorpion 556. Only drawback to the 556 is it's 1.5"dia. The rimfire is 1". Crap might have to get BOTH...

8. hdfireman

Yep!!! You're infected.

9. Itsazonik

Oh that's right, I totally forgot. I need to stop buying so much gun stuff. I forget where most of it comes from half the time. I did just pick up another socom barrel. I think I'm going to buid this one strictly for the aluminum bullets. It won't get much use but also won't get aluminum in my other one

10. FrankT

FrankT Destin FL LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY LoneStarBoars Supporter TEAM OinK

well I got my NFA Gun Trust emailed to me(free by an attorney, go figure), just need to fill it in and notarized, so will start w a suppressor I think for the 6.8. Did you see the specwar 7.62 for 700+ and you get the .22 one for 99 at the silencer shop? good deal?

11. hdfireman

It's a good deal and the Specwar is a nice suppressor. I think Silencerco has great customer service. Biggest problem with it is the weight. 24oz on the end of you rifle can get heavy. It you always hunt off a rest or sticks it won't be to bad.

12. Itsazonik

I was just looking at that deal too. Would be good for suppressing the 6.8 and the ruger 10/22

13. FrankT

Thanks HD, the weight will take it off my list.

14. hdfireman

Buying a suppressor is a 1 time purchase so I don't worry about price as much as I do size and weight. Most cans on the market today are really close in sound reduction and a quieter suppressor can also have a tone to it that makes it sound louder to your ears that a suppressor that is technically louder. I made the mistake of not worrying about weight on my first suppressor. I regret it to this day and never use it. 5-10oz doesn't sound like much but when you still it on the end of a 16" barrel it can feel quite heavy. 20oz is about as heavy as I'll go and that's for a SBR. If it's a rifle Id seriously consider titanium. You will have it for ever so get the one that you know you'll like even if it costs more.

gshock likes this.
  15. FrankT

wise advice! Thanks

16. Itsazonik

Good thought. Thank you for that

17. rob072770

rob072770 Lewisville NC SUS VENATOR CLUB LoneStarBoars Supporter

My Phantom Ti in 30 cal should be any day now weights 13 oz.

18. bldsmith

I don't think I will ever buy anything but a Ti can. The Scorpion is so light in comparison to some of the others at the shop. Not too bad at all on the pistol. Have not put it on a rifle yet but don't think it will be all that bad. Ti is the way to go esp if you can get it for the same price as stainless.

19. FrankT

it there a Ti that is warranted for a 8.5" 6.8?

20. hdfireman

None that I know of. Crux Suppressors are rated for 7" 5.56 and 12" 308 and that's the smallest rated Titanium that I know but there are many manufactures out there. I believe going that short on a 6.8 you're going to need something with Stellite baffles. That's just my opinion.