Is anyone here

Discussion in 'ARMASIGHT' started by Fla_dogman, Mar 24, 2017.

1. Fla_dogman

Fla_dogman New Member

Is anyone from Armasight still monitoring this forum? I'm at my wits end and can't seem to find satisfaction

2. TEXASLAWMAN

TEXASLAWMAN TEXAS LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY SUS VENATOR CLUB LoneStarBoars Supporter TEAM OinK

No flir bought them things have changed. They like big government contracts, we are just peasants.

3. Fla_dogman

Fla_dogman New Member

I reckon so

4. FrankT

FrankT Destin FL LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY LoneStarBoars Supporter TEAM OinK

What is your issue?

5. Fla_dogman

Fla_dogman New Member

It seems the scope i bought back in November came with some glitches, some good some bad. It's an Armasight apollo. It started out great except for eating batteries and me not understanding all the dynamics of thermal clip ons. I eventually had to send it back for updates and repairs. New motherboard and adjustments were made in two trips back and over 30 days away. When got it back the armasight extended battery pack would not power it up. I called back and was told i have to run the battery pack with internal the internal batteries in too. This was different than before when i just ran the battery pack with no internal batteries in. I will spend the day at the range and hunt tonight to see if it really works. If not I'm sending everything back again Monday. They did replace the switch which refused to turn off and the focus ring which fixed and internal rattle. One major issue was the 8+ inch of poi change with the zoom which rendered it useless. So I'm keeping my fingers crossed and stand ready to relearn how this thing operates. Thanks for letting me vent

6. FrankT

FrankT Destin FL LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY LoneStarBoars Supporter TEAM OinK

yeah all those issues it would be theirs and not mine...But as TexasLawman says, don't use a clipon only a dedicated thermal in his preference after using them all.

7. djones

djones Sum Ting Wong I LIKE PONIES I HEART DIRT CLODS

now that you mention it, i bet that's responsible for all of my misses!!!

OneK, BDubbs and Ratdog68 like this.
  8. Fla_dogman

Fla_dogman New Member

Update: I went to the range this morning with a full charge on my external battery pack and new batteries internal. It lasts 3 1/2 hours screen went blue and all my settings failed to save, and yes I did exit out to save them, guess it's going back for a 3rd time to Armasight.

9. Fla_dogman

Fla_dogman New Member

[QUOTE=don't use a clipon only a dedicated thermal in his preference after using them all.[/QUOTE

Yea that's the lesson I've learned too

FrankT likes this.
  10. Drift

Drift LSB Member

Soo...Armasight was bought out by FLIR, resulting in less competition between companies. Next customer service/forum monitoring evaporates. This does not bode well

11. Fla_dogman

Fla_dogman New Member

Packed up and shipped back to Armasight again for the third time in 5 weeks. Hopefully third time's the charm

12. der Teufel

der Teufel Team Phi Slamma Hamma SUS VENATOR CLUB

Yep, I'm sure that's the cause …

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 28, 2017
    Homebrewer and Ratdog68 like this.
  13. Fla_dogman

Fla_dogman New Member

Well my scope made it back today and I took it to the range. This time the results were much better. The battery life is back over 6+ hours, the focus and clarity are great and the POI shift is improved greatly. I can make head shots on 2&4 power body shots on 8x but 1x is still not usable for shooting only scanning. All in all I'm pleased and my confidence is restored in both the scope and Armasight. Keeping my fingers crossed this fix lasts a long time.

Chopperdrvr likes this.
  14. djones

armasight turned my scope around in about a week and a half, which is what they said they'd do. i sent it in the original hard case, but in some cheesy wrapping. they sent it back in factory packing... with new batteries! otherwise i wouldn't have been able to check it out right away.

when i turned it on, everything was blurry, even the startup logo. i was about to be pissed, and i don't EVER get pissed, but i planned on hunting tonight. turns out the reticle focus needed to be adjusted. whew! i'm sure i will kill everything i see no matter now far or how fast... with head shots. dj is BACK!! (if the lwrc is up to it)

OneK and Bacon8tor like this.
  15. Bakester

Bakester LSB Active Member SUS VENATOR CLUB LoneStarBoars Supporter

Can you give a run down of what they fixed or were supposed to fix? Curious if the focus drift is fixable.

16. Fla_dogman

Fla_dogman New Member

Still have one prevailing bug in my scope but I can live with it. Last night after 6 hours of hunting it would not shut off. This was one of the issues Armasight supposedly fixed. I removed the battery connection and gave it a few minutes and it powered up fine so maybe it's ok. I guess it wasn't ready to stop hunting.

17. djones

scope view went out... dark in middle, white in corners and something was rattling around inside. their return slip didnt state what was done but it was fixed.

OneK likes this.
  18. 437

437 LSB Member

I'm looking at a local used ArmaSight this week. Are they a **** show to deal with?

19. Fla_dogman

Fla_dogman New Member

Not really I think I just had some bad luck.

20. 437

437 LSB Member

So their CS is good? I get stuff breaks....just want to make sure I've got a good shake at getting it resolved. I'm considering ArmaSight now I'm going to have something here in the next few weeks not waiting on Pulsar release. Going to look at a used 38 up in Orlando this week and an Predator over near Miami.