IRD Price Hike

Terry

Texas, Land of the Free
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I wake up and check my emails this am and find a email from USNV stating all IRD units will see a $500 price hike Jan 31st.

I bought my IR Patrol when Trijicon bought IRD as I feared a price hike maybe in the future. I guess that was a good decision.

From shot show it looks like FLIR/Armasight and Pulsar are going cheaper and higher performance while IRD does nothing new and raises prices? Seems like a poor decision to me and I'm a IRD fan and owner.

I'm a working class guy thermal is a big expense and IRD was already on the high end of my sending limits. At this point it looks like FLIR/Armasight/Pulsar will get my spending money this year anyway.

Brian Shaffer

Hog Hunter
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
After Pulsar comes out with their new line and prices (which are projected to be very working class hunter-friendly), it will be interesting to see how the other companies respond.

Wildfowler

Mis'sippi
SUS VENATOR CLUB
With flir announcing the Boson core which should have similar performance to the IRD line, I am shocked to hear of a price increase.

Terry

Texas, Land of the Free
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Hey, if you got the money IRD stuff is bad a@@ I use the Reap-IR and Patrol several times a week love them. I just hate the price is going up while others are going down right now.

That said, I don't have endless amounts of money so if I can save thousands in cash or say get 5-10% more clarity for more money. I will take the thousands saved every time so I can buy more gear.

Truth be told most 320/384 systems are good enough for hunting/ professional use then a 640 upgrade in most all brands is iceing on the cake.

When the price separation gets so far apart it makes it hard for a guy like me to justify spending thousands more. Hundreds I can do for a touch more performance,thousands no way. Some folks don't care and have the extra money to throw at gear I get that also.

darrohn801

LSB Member
Hey, if you got the money IRD stuff is bad a@@ I use the Reap-IR and Patrol several times a week love them. I just hate the price is going up while others are going down right now.

That said, I don't have endless amounts of money so if I can save thousands in cash or say get 5-10% more clarity for more money. I will take the thousands saved every time so I can buy more gear.

Truth be told most 320/384 systems are good enough for hunting/ professional use then a 640 upgrade in most all brands is iceing on the cake.

When the price separation gets so far apart it makes it hard for a guy like me to justify spending thousands more. Hundreds I can do for a touch more performance,thousands no way. Some folks don't care and have the extra money to throw at gear I get that also.

I just got the IR patrol and I will second the clarity. Holy crap this thing is amazing! I agree though, the other brands coming in thousands less will open up to a lot more wide range of hunters. There will always be those that want to spend money to get the very best, in my opinion the clarity of the IR Patrol is just that. Will definitely be pickup up a Q14 though to keep in my back pocket and let friends use as they come a long.

Hard_ware

Here piggy piggy! Deep Deep S. TX.
What does trijicon make that is not high priced?
Price hike is actually lower then I expected.
I was expecting the MKIII 60mm to jump over $10k list.
Other mfg will be the only factor to make them lower prices when and if IR Hunter products are not selling at expected numbers.

Terry

Texas, Land of the Free
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I also thought they couldn't jump way higher $$$$ like Trijicons other night stuff so I bought the IR patrol asap. I love the IRD patrol/MK/reap-IR their construction and design is very high-end, they have the nightforce/Zeiss/S&B feel to them. The clarity is also awesome on these systems the best I've personally owned and used. Other companies have been closing in on the IRD 's slight edge in clarity maybe the new FLIR 12 micron cores will even the playing field this year.

As much as I like my IRD systems price matters to most of us and if Pulsar,FLIR and others continue to drive performance up and prices down. Well , IRD better get a military contract because commercial sales will be dropping I believe.

I very curious to how the new FLIR/Armasight Zeus/RX 12 micron line will be priced when the become available. If the MKIII is thousands higher than a matching lens 12 micron FLIR Zeus model that can't be good for IRD commercial sales.

That all said my Reap-IR and IR patrol perform so great I expect them to at least match anything released this year. Great systems I'm very happy with them.

Hard_ware

Here piggy piggy! Deep Deep S. TX.
YEP the IR hunter line is impressive, I have been wanting a IR Patrol the 300w listed in the for sale section is very tempting :D

But the flir boson unit in a 640 core might be worth waiting for.