IR MK Hunter; buy it?

Clubmanager

Never been fielded and like new; works 100%. Problem is, Trijicon will NOT service it should something go wrong. For $2500, am I better off buying something else or saving a bit more?
I am just taking up hog hunting and have only had experience with FLIR RS32 which was ‘meh’....and trying to get an update from them was a f*cking exercise to say the least. Still, I’d use one if theirs if that was considered the best route.

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
If you are asking IF you should buy it, I would say yes. Also, why do you believe Trijicon would not repair it if something goes wrong with it? Obviously, it won’t be covered under warranty anymore, but they should be willing to provide repairs for a fee since they bought out IRD completely. That is an outstanding price if it is a legitimate deal.

Clubmanager

Sounds odd I know but I did call Trijicon and spoke with a guy in the tech service department and he was quite clear about it. NO service available.
If I bought it new only a couple years ago and this is the result, I'd be majorly pissed. It had to cost north of $4K I'm guessing.
My worry is that if even something small happens, I've no course of action vis a vis repair.

der Teufel

Livin' the Dream …
SUS VENATOR CLUB
The title says "IR MK Hunter"
Does that mean it's the original IR Hunter, and NOT a MKII or MKIII ??
Not sure when the stopped making those (the original) but indeed it might be so old that it's no longer supported. The technology it used (sensor, in particular) may no longer be produced.

Or, I could be way out in (or beyond) left field …

Clubmanager

You're right, it's the 'original' MK Hunter. I'm gonna pass; have to believe that technology has caught up enough that the current lower end models are as good as this with less risk. thanks for the advice y'all.