IR laser

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Really never thought I would need a IR laser. But am I glad I got one!!!!

Using a helmet mounted pvs-14 my laser has saved the day or should I say night many times. When your surprised by that large boar or coyote and for that split second they are looking trying to figure out what you are. There is no time to switch the nv from helmet to the rifle. But the laser is ready to go anytime!

Lately I've been hunting out of UTV's and golf carts. This is where my ir laser really shined. With no windshields I could just shoot straight out the front never looking down the rifle. I got 18 one weekend all with the laser it was great!

Itsazonik

Cape Coral, FL
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Which laser do you have? I'm looking to get one

hdfireman

Blackstone Arms
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
We also hunt via golf carts this time of year and the laser is the only way to go. We drive the turn rows and you have about 2 secs to shoot them as they run from the corn into the woods. The laser is a very effective tool!!

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I have the Luna laser illuminator and pointer for lighting things up. Then I have the laser max uni Ir for shooting. There are better lasers you can get now that's what they had at the time. It's not bad but they have the combo illuminator laser sights now that seem nice.

Itsazonik

Cape Coral, FL
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I haven't done much looking because I have so much else I need to buy first. Im always on the lookout for a laser to go with my nv scope. Too many projects all st once

Shooter

Bedford, Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I have the Luna Illuminator, and the Laser Devise CQBL-1.

It has both a visible and IR laser. They are slaved, so once the visible is sighted in then so is the IR. It is low profile.

More money but all in one package is the DBAL-D2. Both lasers and an Illuminator all in one package. Very nice but bigger, and twice the money. Ident has write ups on them. You are correct in getting the NV first.

JamesB74

LSB Member
I have the Luna Illuminator, and the Laser Devise CQBL-1.

It has both a visible and IR laser. They are slaved, so once the visible is sighted in then so is the IR. It is low profile.

More money but all in one package is the DBAL-D2. Both lasers and an Illuminator all in one package. Very nice but bigger, and twice the money. Ident has write ups on them. You are correct in getting the NV first.
Yes the DBAL is the one I am looking to get. Of course after the NV. Baby steps, baby steps. Cant say how many times I have come to cashing in a Roth I have from an old company and buying one. But it just doesnt sit right.

hdfireman

Blackstone Arms
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Yes the DBAL is the one I am looking to get. Of course after the NV. Baby steps, baby steps. Cant say how many times I have come to cashing in a Roth I have from an old company and buying one. But it just doesnt sit right.

I'll keep ya in mind when we get some B grade tubes in if thats something you'd be interested in

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I have one of the B grade tubes love it! Best purchase ever!!!

Ident Marking

Rockwall, Texas
Vendor
The B Grade tubes we sell for time to time can be several different types of tubes and we probably should use a different name for them as other vendors sell B grade tubes too and they can be wildly different from vendor to vendor. We should call them a IMS Commerical tube or similar. We typically sell very high end tubes that meet the military performance requirement and in some case exceed it. When we get a tube in that meets the commercial spec but is on the lower end of the spec its a tube we normally don't sell it could sit here and gather dust. If that happens very often here our accounting lady starts asking if we are in the NV business or just like collecting NV tubes for fun. When get a few tubes like this we build them up into a PVS-14 sell them as 'B Grade' system. For us it's a great way to make sure that we are giving each customer what they expect and stay out of the borderline spec tubes with full price customers- guys that want a deal are happy and people expecting AA+ tubes don't get marginal systems. Usually when someone is interested in these we detail the spots in pictures and go over the data sheet on the phone because even if the customer is trying to save money we want them to know exactly what we are selling, why its less expensive and why a AA+ tube is going to cost more. Short answer is the tubes are typically still high performance tubes that have more dark spots or a blem in the image that we don't want to sell as a full up tube.

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I think this should be copied and made into a separate B/IMS tube night vision thread also.

Afalex1

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
I use a Night Vision Equipment Vital-2 Ir laser pointer to shoot and a Luna Optics ELIR-3 to "light things up" if it is really dark out or something is in the shadows.

BigRedDog

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Has Jason completed his write up?

Boar Buster

LSB Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
How tuff are these IR lasers. I have a 12.5" 458 Socom that I use and I am wondering which IR laser can take the kick.

Itsazonik

Cape Coral, FL
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I have 3 458 socoms and I have yet to find anything that couldn't handle the kick. If it will work with a shotgun it will work on the socom