IR hunter WOW !

West D

LSB Member
you guys were right ,videos don't even come close on how clear and crisp as looking through one . looking at mine last night for the first time was nice . can't wait to get it mounted and trying it out on some varmints. the user manual does not give a lot of info ! Need to find a video on how to sight one in . thx! Mark

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
I have loved mine. I usually use a standard black and white sight-in and can see it clearly. The adjustment knobs work just like a regular scope.

theblakester

Got a black belt in keeping it real.
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
you guys were right ,videos don't even come close on how clear and crisp as looking through one . looking at mine last night for the first time was nice . can't wait to get it mounted and trying it out on some varmints. the user manual does not give a lot of info ! Need to find a video on how to sight one in . thx! Mark

Go to a sporting goods store and get some of those hand/toe warmers aka hot hands. I like the toe warmers bc they are adhesive on one side. Use the back of a normal target paper and stick 4 or 5 of them on there (I also staple them onto the paper just in case).
I'd suggest starting at 25 yards to get on the paper near zero. Then move to 50. I zero at 50 or 1/2 inch high at 50 (in theory this keeps me under 2 inches high at 100 and less than 2 inches low out to past 200). Then I'd confirm and fine tune at 100 if u want.
Sighting it in is opposite of a day scope. If your impact is say 5 inches low and 6 inches left on paper when u aim at bullseye .. move the reticle 5 inches lower and 6 inches left to where the bullet hole is on the paper. Do not come up 5 inches and right 6 inches like u would on a day scope. This will move your crosshairs even further away and you'll be scratching your head frustrated.. not that I've ever forgotten that halfway through zeroing and got confused/frustrated from doing that or anything ;)
At native 2.5 magnification each click is over an inch adjustment at 100 yards (or over 1/2 inch at 50 & 1/4 inch at 25). At 2x digital zoom each click will travel about half that distance. At 4x digital each click will be about half of what each click was at 2x digital. And at 8x digital zoom each click will move he reticle half of 4x digital zoom.
I use native mag and 2x digital to get it sighted in for "minute of pig" accuracy. Then I use 4x and 8x click adjustments to really pinpoint the point of impact and get the zero right where I want it.
Message me and I'll send u my phone number if u want more help on it.

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Congrats! Unfortunately any video of thermal or night vision online won't look as good as the real deal always a loss in resolution uploading to youtube. The IRD scopes are even worse because the video out from the scope is bad in the first place, really wish they would fix that.

JPK

LSB Active Member
Congrats. Took me five shots to get a perfect 100yd zero. But you can get "confused!"

Good on Blakester, get his #.

JPK