IR Hunter MarkII to date

FrankT

Destin FL
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Seems to me to be an easy fix, but they do say is takes more battery to turn off and on that to just leave on and not have the issue.

rgilbert

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Seems to me to be an easy fix, but they do say is takes more battery to turn off and on that to just leave on and not have the issue.
As long as you stay with GOOD batteries. Don't use the cheap one to save money. As many as you will go through you could have just bought the good ones. SureFires run about 4.5 hours. The cheap ones about 2.5 to 3. I have been playing with all of the functions though and takes up battery life.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
That seems to be a short battery life, type of battery?

BigRedDog

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Thanks, more than 1? i GUESS i COULD GO TO YOUR WEBSITE AND LOOK...LOL

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Well the 12 micron core is said to use less power than the 17 FLIR.

BigRedDog

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Two CR123's

in the future a third battery will be an option. The battery extenders are not available yet.

to get more run time, you can slow it down the speed from 60hz to 30hz and turn off the video out.

or just carry a couple of extra batteries. Easy to insert in total darkness.

Gilbert says even he can do it!

oh, don't use cheap batteries, get the surefire or energizer lithiums

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Thanks BRD, yeah I think Lithium or the very good rechargeable are mandatory for this hi-tech gear.

Terry

Texas, Land of the Free
LoneStarBoars Supporter
And buy those 123a's in bulk online to save some serious $$$$$$.

If you aren't on a law enforcement watch list for buying so many 123A lithium batteries your not hunting enough. LOL

My wife swears were going to raided from me ordering so many lithium batteries they think we are cooking meth or something!

Brian Shaffer

Hog Hunter
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Thanks BRD, yeah I think Lithium or the very good rechargeable are mandatory for this hi-tech gear.

Rechargeables are not the way for CR123 right now, unfortunately. They don't have the mah to last long enough. Other manufacturers are using the much larger 18650s as a substitute for CR123s in the form of external battery packs (usually a pair). You get longer life, no doubt, but it comes with additional bulk and weight.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
yeah the 18650 is all I buy for my lights, works real well, are not 2 123's end to end an 18650?

rgilbert

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Rechargeables are not the way for CR123 right now, unfortunately. They don't have the mah to last long enough. Other manufacturers are using the much larger 18650s as a substitute for CR123s in the form of external battery packs (usually a pair). You get longer life, no doubt, but it comes with additional bulk and weight.
Yes the folks at IR Defense do not recommend rechargeable batteries or the cheap ones.

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
And buy those 123a's in bulk online to save some serious $$$$$$.

If you aren't on a law enforcement watch list for buying so many 123A lithium batteries your not hunting enough. LOL

My wife swears were going to raided from me ordering so many lithium batteries they think we are cooking meth or something!
Where are you buying in bulk?

Terry

Texas, Land of the Free
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Ebay and Battery Juction a lot of times. However, I'm always searching for deals on AA and 123A batteries sometimes large retailers and even amazon have some great buys also. I also then to lean towards engizer brand as they are over 1500mah.