Intro and Thermal choice question

Clubmanager

Hi,
I bought a FLIR RS32 in the hopes of doing some hog/yote hunting here in Arkansas. Regretfully, my schedule has not allowed for it but I do want to keep a thermal handy just in case I can get out and hunt. I've been looking at the Sig Echo1 and wonder if I sold my FLIR and picked up the Sig, would I see a huge difference and would I be unhappy?
Granted, I'll pocket some cash that would be handy at the moment.

In any case, I can't put my hands on both right now and am looking for opinions from the forum. Thanks in advance.

rustybucket

No way I would replace an rs32 with a sig echo especially if you are going to use the sig to hunt coyotes with. You better be a good caller to get them in close to shoot at! The rs series, while outdated, it is a good and very rugged unit.
The sig echo is more of a reflex sight for quick target acquisition. The most important is positive id of a target. The rs scope is more than adequate at doing so at 100 to 150 yards, of course it depends on what magnification of the model you have is. Could be more or less depending on weather conditions.

Last edited:

ZenArchery

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
if you are not going to be using it that often that may be a good option so you have extra money for other opportunities.

Clubmanager

Just gonna keep the FLIR afterall; not worth the hassle more than likely. I am going to a large city this weekend and will try to put my hands on the Sig just to confirm. Will advise....thanks y'all.