If you want to waste 5 min. of your day.

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Set trap with corn/water/strawberry yogurt and almond milk.
Drove down the road and back and had this guy 1/2 hr later. Irresistible treat!
I'm sure there were more just caught the one.

slim_shady

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
That was great fun to watch! Thanks Dan

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Chopper II !! Good catch there Dan'l. Nice one for the spit.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
too old to make another chopper but great for a BBQ

rob072770

Lewisville NC
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I don't think you won the pigglet roping contest at the hog rodeo! Just a little to long. That was funny as anything I seen lately. Good eaten pig right there. I am cooking some St Louis cut ribs on my green egg with cherry wood been smoken about 4 hrs now getting close.to eaten time.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
have you thought about tying slipknots on the ropes first? or will they just slip off?

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
have you thought about tying slipknots on the ropes first? or will they just slip off?
I used to pre-tie slip knots but they seem to get off, actually the big hogs are easier, the small ones wriggle free after a time. I had a mismatched handful of too short ties this time. >>>>Speaking of slipping off....Here is the rest of the story with that pig....Had him in a holding cage to deliver to some folks here today...he wriggled out of one knot..so 3 legs are fine I figure for now, throw him in the back of my truck and deliver him just a mile away. As I pull into this old mobile home down this old beat up dirt road it was "Deliverance" X 2....This mentally challenged girl with many piercings and more tattoos came out, she was not all there and she was carrying a baby on her shoulder...looked like it was 4 lbs...I don't think it was alive. Not Kidding! I think it was a fetus. So I am already weirded out a bit and here comes mom and pop, I guess, very large unintelligent couple and about 10 dogs come piling out, chewed up pitbulls, chihuahuas, rottweilers, the whole gammet! Now I here some banging in the back of the truck, I think it's a dog but it's the hog and he as gotten another leg free and is bailing out the back of the truck, apparently he saw these people and wanted no part of whatever ritual they were going to partake in and he gets free. Instinctively I jump out and the pig goes between my legs (maybe figured i was safer than them) and then he bolts off into the brush. How all the dogs missed him I have no idea but thank God really, poor little fella was in for a rough night I believe. So the guy picks up a piece of rope and says, "let's get him", I ask what the rope is for, he says "to catch him". Now it is a 3' long piece of rope and this guy is never going to get 3' from this hog ever again. I just jumped back in the truck and yelled, " no charge" for the hog. and left. Some days are stranger than others.

Curly Shuffle

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
You do get into some things there Dan. Thanks for the video and the colorful story! STAY SAFE IN THE WOODS!!!!:)

lonepunman

LSB Active Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
God, how I wish I had known in my twenties that was the way to effectively circumvent potential unpleasant future social interactions.

Would have ended all my relationships after three months with, "No charge!" and a cloud of dust.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Oh man, what a trip that was Dan, you got all types there I guess!

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
What part of TX did you say you are in? Sounds like the deep woods where I live in.

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
LOL... that's some funny stuff there Dan. The Go-Pro needed to be running for that episode.

rob072770

Lewisville NC
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Oh my goodness I am laughing so hard tears and running down my face that was a funny story. You,might need to move sounds like they might have a meth lab as well. Also you might be a target for one of their sisters looking for a real hog catching man. Sound like the guy from the Andy Giffin show that threw rocks and was looking for Bernice what was his name.

I just let me wife read the story she is laughing as well. She did see you video and had a few chuckles. She said goat rodeo and said hog rodeo.

Last edited:

JPK

LSB Active Member
After reading the story I can't get the theme music from Deliverance out of my head, and I keep think of the hog line in the movie... ouch!

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
That brings back some memories I tried to oppress. lol

J BAR K

Just trying to make a day.
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Otis T. Bass was the name of the rock chunker i think. This may have been kinfolks that moved to Texas. Great story!

OneK

LSB Active Member
Staff member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
It's a shame you didn't record that! It might have topped Dr. Jones' LSB rant.