I Trapped a Hog in Georgia.

DARREN BERRONG

I have a serious hog problem and decided to try to do something about it. My first catch was about 6 or 7 hogs in my trap. From my trailcam pix, I caught them at 2 am. The trap held until 7:30 that morning when they saw my truck coming down the road. They went absolutely banana's and ended up busting out before I could dispatch any of them. 2 nights later I caught the 200+ lb boar that is in the video. Thought some of you guys would like to see how I built the trap and the boar that I caught.

FrankT

Destin FL
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I like bailing wire, found it at lowes it is heavier. I think your next fail will be not tall enough and some will climb out. good luck

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Kill that sucker dead. He looks like he's ready to put a hurtin' on ya if you gave him the chance. Come on back with a follow-up on how it's workin' for ya. Inktristink trap there.

Whosure

LSB Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
great vid

der Teufel

Livin' the Dream …
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Congratulations on building a successful trap!

I think FrankT is likely correct, you may experience some hogs managing to climb out. It will be interesting to learn if that's the case.
As for baling wire, I find it rusts easily. I always use fence wire for anything outdoors that I want to last.