I miss TX!

Warfighter1-1

Hi everyone, I lived in TX for a few years and hunted hogs with helmet mounted NV and weapon mounted IR, both from a stand and on the ground. Its the most fun I ever had and hunting anything else is just boring now. One friend had a thermal and the other had an electronic IR scope, and I had the NV. I was good for driving with lights out and spotting game in the immediate area, they would get out of the car and glass entire fields looking for positive ID. I was also good for stalking the group right up on the game in the cases where we had to use shotguns and get real close due to backdrop concerns. One time I got so close to a hog with my shotgun that I started mounting a bayonet on the lug, within 10 feet, he was at least 150lbs!

We usually took one or two for harvest each night and turned them into sausage, we had all the equipment and all we needed to buy was the seasoning and fresh casings. I would estimate I got at least 25 hogs in my time there, my buddies got a lot too.

I am going to be selling my gear so check out my posting history if you're interested in my gear. I can also provide any advice as to how best to use the gear.

lonepunman

LSB Active Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Glad you found us...

Getting a haircut the other day and had to listen to a guy from San Francisco complain about people from Seattle.

It was like hearing a Prius honk at a Subaru.

You might want to hang onto that night optic gear.

Never know what the future holds...especially in the realms of fear and legislation.

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Glad you found us...

Getting a haircut the other day and had to listen to a guy from San Francisco complain about people from Seattle.

It was like hearing a Prius honk at a Subaru.

You might want to hang onto that night optic gear.

Never know what the future holds...especially in the realms of fear and legislation.
Yup, the pot calling the kettle black in most cases. There's more lunacy oozing from both, to overwhelm the E.P.A.