I Killed Meatball the Boar

diggler1833

LSB Active Member
He certainly was a fatty, and didn't have a lot of frame to him. That may have been why his tape/actual weight varied by about 9 percent.

Either way. My neighbor across the street has been working a lot lately, and hasn't had a chance to thin his hog problem much (he loves to hunt, but no thermal). He has been getting absolutely hammered by hogs these past few weeks, so he gave in and gave me permission to kill some on his land...I know this hurts him to let me do so as he enjoys it himself so much.

As one of his pastures and one of mine are separated by only the highway, I know that these hogs will be over on me soon too...so I'm happy to assist.

Long story short, I waited in my truck for three and a half hours with no sign of anything showing up. Finally took a stroll to survey the land at night and stumbled across this boar. He was in some dead space that I couldn't see from the truck...go figure.

Shot him twice, only needed to once. It was super quick. However, as I hay this guy's land I definitely don't want to have to run over more damaged soil than I have to...so no watching the hog tear up stuff for minutes before I plugged him.

erForman

Greenwood, TX
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Great looking boar and good shot. I've got your same setup, Trail on an Ambush.

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
That's-a one-a-spicy-a meat-a-ball!!!

Last edited:

bar-d

Head Wrangler, Chief Manure Manager: Bar-D Cattle
Fat boar down, Curly shuffle and a little CCR. How could it be any better? Kudos.

J BAR K

Just trying to make a day.
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
That’s a chunky one there for sure! Looks like some decent cutters too. Good job getting him out of the way.