I guess I'd be a Hogeteran?

Mr. Jay

Yep you guessed it just some one thats been hunting pigs for 5+ years and finally in on the online community
1482269883417_PART_1482269883353.jpg
Ive been using a ATNthor 640 1.5x since 2012... unfortunatley they retailed around 13k back then. :*( I have also only been using .308 When i went and sold my ar-10 in 2013, i sighted the Thor on my ps90 and though i do have enough bullets in that thing after i finished cleanign that pig i counted 14 holes. So i decided to get another .308 and i went with the scar. I sighted the rifle in and had a little fun then my heart ache started. I went through lense on the thermal like crazy....hence
20151021.jpg
So I got with the guys in canada ..eh... called cadex defenses and i got my paws on this little gem
RR-2237 Recoil Rail
This thing saved my thermal from then on. It is spring loaded in both directions.
I shoot a 165grain SPBT sierra matchking. with a JP recoil eliminator (aka tank brake) muzzle brake equipped scar 17 with a upgraded trigger with a 2.5lb pull.
Rigged out my truck with IR filtered LED bars and i can cruise with my pvs-14 just like the truck has its headlights on.
I range anywhere from San antonio all the way to herbronville. I eat what i kill havent bought beef in god knows how long.
I cure a mean ham.

Last edited:

scrmblr1982cj8

LSB Active Member
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Welcome!

Ignore a guy named DJ on here. He has two personalities and is working through some issues.

pruhdlr

Cantonment,Fla.
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Welcome to the forum sir.
I have been using a ATN ThOR 640/3X (50mm) for the last several years with zero problems. It has been on a 300BLK,10.5" 6.8,and currently sits on my 18" 6.8. I have kill quite a few hogs looking thru that sight. --- pruhdlr SANY0065.JPG

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Welcome Mr Jay! ouch, I think the new ATN thor is 3-4K??

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Welcome to the fray !!

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Welcome Mr J
Look forward to some dead hog pics!

D

djones

Welcome!

Ignore a guy named DJ on here. He has two personalities and is working through some issues.
if you've been browsing then you already know scram is the class clown. problem is, he's not funny. i, on the other hand, am a total riot. welcome!

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
if you've been browsing then you already know scram is the class clown. problem is, he's not funny. i, on the other hand, am a total riot. welcome!
No, "riot" doesn't have a nice connotation. You "Protest" nowadays.

scrmblr1982cj8

LSB Active Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Scram here - I am the sole representative from the Palmetto State of South Carolina.