I am think I would like a suppresed pistol

rob072770

Lewisville NC
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
What caliber 9mm or 45. What gun would you suppress? 1911. Sig, god for bid Glock. I,will have an open mind. Thanks for the support.

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Since .45ACP is already a subsonic round... a can on a 1911 would be my pick.

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Get a .45 can and you can use it on everything down.

rob072770

Lewisville NC
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Ok I like but what suppressor to,use so I can see the sights?

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Crimson Trace Laser Grips.

rob072770

Lewisville NC
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Crimson Trace Laser Grips.
I love my Crimson Trace on my carry SA EMP micro. Thanks that is good info. I think it will need to be Ti to make balance better.

hdfireman

Blackstone Arms
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I bought a FN FNX Tactical and an Octane 45. The pistol shoots lights out and comes with taller sights for a suppressor. The can just came in and I will shoot it this weekend.

I'd agree with what is said here. A .45 pistol and .45 can. Most pistol cans have an interchangeable piston. That means you can shoot it on your .45 and any caliber smaller. As far as model of pistol I'd get what you feel comfortable with.

Itsazonik

Cape Coral, FL
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I had the sig p220 combat. It had the taller sights. I could never shoot it right. I ended up trading it for a regular p220 and now I'm going I get threaded barrels for that and my 1911 and get the osprey. I like how it's designed not to come over the top of the slide so I don't need to worry about sights

Itsazonik

Cape Coral, FL
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
More reason I want to order one

hdfireman

Blackstone Arms
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
More reason I want to order one
You said that with the Osprey you don't have to worry about taller sights. Just letting you know that some sights are the same height as the can so you'll still be looking through the can when getting a sight picture.

This won't be the case for all pistols but even with the Osprey it can still be an issue.

Itsazonik

Cape Coral, FL
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
with the ospry, the top of the can is level with the slide. because of the shape, all the the suppressor body is below the barrel line. its not a round suppressor, or oval

hdfireman

Blackstone Arms
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I know, we have one!! It is the lowest top profile that I know of but on some firearms it still sticks up higher than the slide.

Itsazonik

Cape Coral, FL
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
how does it shoot if its even with the sights?

hdfireman

Blackstone Arms
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I think it's ok because it's right at the top. You cover target with can and sights. For the sights that are low the Osprey is a great choice, one the prifile is low and 2 it sounds great.

The Octane is supposedly quieter and I will try to find out this weekend.

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
When you get my age you don't worry about sights anymore (can't see them anyway). Ain't that right Ratdog?
Hey... I can still see the sights on the gun... I just need help from my glasses to see what's beyond 'em. LOL

Afalex1

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Make up your mind quick if you plan to use a gun trust. Obummer is making it harder in the near future.