Hunting pressure

theblakester

Got a black belt in keeping it real.
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I'm interested to know how much hunting pressure is too much. How much/how often can I hunt these pigs without running them off. I've got a feeder up and in about 2 weeks I've seen 3-4 sounders and several lone boars. Both times I've been out there I've heard them all over. It's a 200 acre property that's surrounded by lots of other properties. But right now I only have one hunting area bc of cover. There are 2 other areas that I will eventually get set up on the property. I just don't want to run the ones that don't get shot to all leave.

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Hard to tell on 200 acres I've run them off 2000 in a month or two.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
as long as you feed them they will come back and different seasons they will be better than others. During deer season when lots of feeders are going off they scatter and are not seen as much, shoot one and they leave for a week or not. In the off deer season I feed year rd, so they all end up back at my place sooner or later. That is why here we manage here and don't kill our breeding sows that way they are replenishing all the time. I hate deer season as they are not around as much and my deer eat my hog food.

theblakester

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Lawman how often did u hunt and how many did u kill in that month or two...ish?

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I was hunting every weekend killing 20-30 a weekend. The hogs still avoid that place I've only seen one hog on it in the last two years and I killed him. There are four feeders with cameras that run year round not a single hog pic. Lots of deer and coons though. I have two places like this they just totally disappeared. The funny thing Is they still show up on the other side of the road.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
yeah the word got passed around about the killer on that property...Also anytime you target the lead sows and kill 30 a weekend you will cause them to leave, that is how eradication works and the land owner is a happy person!

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
It used to be a bad weekend if I only killed 20. Not so much anymore I need to find some new properties with a hog problem.

rgilbert

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
I've killed several in a weekend and SteveR's place, just to see them keep pouring in. When the acorns dropped they disappeared.

Capt Rick Hiott

The HAM SLAMMA!
Correct me if Im wrong,,,but if you just hunt it every other week,,it should stay good for a long time.

Watcha say guys?

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Correct me if Im wrong,,,but if you just hunt it every other week,,it should stay good for a long time.

Watcha say guys?

It all depends on property size and how many you kill. I was wiping out entire sounders.

theblakester

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
cool. i was hoping to be able to harvest at least 1 every couple of weeks, whether it be bringing a friend, going out there and holding off on a kill shot to try and win that contest, or maybe take 2-4 every now and then if theyre sticking around thick..