Hunting Friday...

SilverBoar

Going out to Red Rock on Friday. Landowner has a group with 2 big sows and a bunch of smaller hogs coming to the feeder around 8:00 pm everyday. Should get there and set up and quite by 5:00. Planning on having a little corn intervention meeting......Hopefully there will still be enough light to get some decent video. We shall see....

Afalex1

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Looking forward to seeing your results. Knock em dead!

SilverBoar

Oh Boy!!! oh Boy!!! oh Boy!!!!!!!! The landowner in Red Rock sent me an email last night stating that there was also a rather large solo boar that was milling around the feeder out in the open at 7:00 pm. Then the usual visitors of the 2 large sows showed up again at 8:00. Gotta LOVE landowner intel!!!!!!!

Schedule:
Arrive at 5:00 pm
Set up and quite at 5:30 pm
Boar Dead at 7:15 pm.
Sow dead at 8:15 pm.
Home by 10:00 pm.

I honestly doubt it will work out this way as it rarely goes exactly to plan, but even if I don't see anything, at least I'm out in the woods enjoying nature. We shall see!.....

Aspp

Central California
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Some of my best hunts were just before events that I HAD to attend, dressed to the 9s! Sometimes making and blowing a schedule is not so bad a thing! Was almost late for my first shoulder surgery, decided I wanted to go for one more buck hunt before setting down my guns for 6 months, got up at 5am and was hiking the brush at daylight. Shot a nice 18" forkie buck at about 8am, but I was about 1.5 miles from the truck and almost a mile from a road. Surgery was at 1pm, I got there covered in blood and ticks at 1:15!!!

Good luck on the hunt!

FrankT

Destin FL
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I too was going out but there is a huge storm over the lease and another getting ready to hit my home, all July and Aug so far, this is getting ridiculous! 40+" in July and over 15" so far this mo.

Itsazonik

Cape Coral, FL
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Welcome to Florida

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Records even for us, we got hit by 3 hurricanes in 1 year that did not bring this much rain in total.

Itsazonik

Cape Coral, FL
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Yeah, it's been a bad year for rain here too

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
So? How'd it go?