HPD help

theblakester

Got a black belt in keeping it real.
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
does anyone know anyone working with HPD? They are working the road blockage about 1/2 mile from my flooded apartment. They aren't letting residents in after dark. Ive been at work from 0600-2200 since the hurricane. But I need to get my guns and gear out of my apt to stay with a friend until the flooding goes down and residents can move back in etc. I will be showing up at the road blockage near the fire station at briar forest and beltway 8 South to try and get through to retrieve my belongings so my expensive stuff doesn't get looted.i will be in my Centerpoint energy work clothes with work ID, drivers license and LTC around 9:00pm

theblakester

Got a black belt in keeping it real.
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Thanks curly I got it taken care of! Traffic was terrible getting there bc there was only one road that was open to cross the bayou in a 20+ mile radius. The officers were great and let me and 2 buddies in no problem. They warned us we would have to walk through some thigh high flood water to get there and wouldn't let us drive past the road block, but they let us walk past no problem. Told em I didn't want my guns to end up in the wrong hands and they replied "neither do we!"
Of course I offered and did a quick show and tell of my gear on the way back out (suggested that the officer open the rifle bags for me when I set them down and took a step or two back before demo-ing). We also spotted a couple people walking along the freeway that was blocked off a good half mile up the road while playing with the Reap-IR.
Sucked walking through thigh deep flood water in some places (and those were the high grounds) to get there, and carrying the gear through the water 1/2 mile back wasnt awesome, but most of it was removed from my place and is now safe with a friend until my apt flooding goes down and people can return to the complex.
My place hasn't flooded yet but the water is right at my patio and the halllway to my door and they said the highest point is supposed to be tmrw afternoon. Hopefully my place stays dry.
Side note-- the crew I normally work with got to go with a couple guys from the state on an air boat into the reservoirs that are draining into the bayou that's flooding my place to check water levels and look at some electrical equipment thats under water that is causing and entire circuit to be out (6,500 customers). Unfortunately I was assigned different, less cool and adventurous orders today.
Ok gotta get at least 3 hrs sleep before tmrw.

gshock

Banned Member!
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Rest up and stay safe!

Shooter

Bedford, Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Good that you got your gear.

Stay safe and help others !!!!!