Howdy

Gamer747

Smells Like Bacon
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Greetings,

I'm a Texas Expat, which means I'm living in Kansas but I hunt in my home town of Bay City.

Always looking for tips and tricks so I'm glad I found this forum.

Here is a photo from my last hunt in March, I killed six hogs that night... this was a 210 pound boar, my biggest hog yet.

14766405327_75332d3d3f_z.jpg

TXCOONDOG

Highlands, Texas
You come to the right place, Welcome

Either you are a big man or the angle of the pic, but the pig looks small for 210

BigRedDog

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
awesome, welcome aboard.

how are you targeting at night?

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Welcome!

You come to the right place, Welcome

Either you are a big man or the angle of the pic, but the pig looks small for 210

Probably the camera angle its so frustrating when you kill a huge hog and he looks smaller than the ones half his size in the pictures when you get home.

Gamer747

Smells Like Bacon
LoneStarBoars Supporter
terrible photo, should have been behind with the hog propped up more, and I'm in a rut he was digging. And yes I'm a big guy, 6Ft 290....

Still, crap photo.

As for targeting I run a DBAL-D2 IR laser that paints the hogs clear as day, you can see it on the front of my gun.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Welcome Gamer, great deer in Kansas so it is not all bad. At least you get to come home to hog hunt. What caliber are you using for hog hunting?

Gamer747

Smells Like Bacon
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Welcome Gamer, great deer in Kansas so it is not all bad. At least you get to come home to hog hunt. What caliber are you using for hog hunting?

Right now...5.56, yeah I know. I had to punch that boar 5 times and he only stopped running because he broke a leg in one of his own ruts.

I'm pulling the trigger on a SCAR 17s which will be hogger prime while I do the build out on a pair of 300 BLK SBR's with thunderbeast suppressors.

so yeah I'm not long for low power hoggin!

ZenArchery

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Welcome! Nice gear. You can make small hogs look really big if you stand far behind then also. Bwhahhahah.

BigRedDog

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Right now...5.56, yeah I know. I had to punch that boar 5 times and he only stopped running because he broke a leg in one of his own ruts.

I'm pulling the trigger on a SCAR 17s which will be hogger prime while I do the build out on a pair of 300 BLK SBR's with thunderbeast suppressors.

so yeah I'm not long for low power hoggin!
The scar should be great for hogs, the blackout is a little underpowered. fun, but under powered.

rgilbert

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Holy crap over six foot and 290 lbs. I don't know if I should pick on him or not!

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter

BigRedDog

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Holy crap over six foot and 290 lbs. I don't know if I should pick on him or not!
I say go for it!

I need to practice my first aid skills.

sneedb82

LoneStarBoars Supporter
Greetings,

I'm a Texas Expat, which means I'm living in Kansas but I hunt in my home town of Bay City.

Welcome to the forum. This forum is becoming my new hangout... lots of good folks here, that have come from all over the interwebs. Appreciate your photo. My first hog was with a .223 Varming Special Remington SPS; shot with a 40gr vmax, straight to the brain pan.

I quickly upgraded to the 6.8 and have not looked back since. I've tried; and I can't shake it. That said, you'll have fun with the Scar, for sure; especially running the DBAL .

When/How often do you come to Texas to hunt?

BigRedDog

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Gamer, you are coming down for the meet & greet aren't you?