Howdy from Round Rock, TX

fubar1217

Recent transplant from NY here. I'm subscribed to Todd's YouTube channel and found this forum through a search for 6.8 SPC info. Been lookin to get out and hunt some hog and finally settled on 6.8 SPC as the caliber to go with. I was building a .300 blk rifle but kept hearing about distance limitations so I wanted something with a little more oomph. I'll probably still build a .300 blk upper just because I already reload it (have a .300 blk pistol) but the 6.8 will be the main upper for hog.

Anyway, glad to be here!

Thanks,
Jerry

der Teufel

Livin' the Dream …
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Welcome!
Lots of 6.8 shooters here, as well as a few of us 300 BLK types.

Of course, when I want to really "reach out and touch" a hog I use my .308 … :rolleyes:

fubar1217

Welcome!
Lots of 6.8 shooters here, as well as a few of us 300 BLK types.

Of course, when I want to really "reach out and touch" a hog I use my .308 … :rolleyes:

Right now, my only .308 is a Remy 700 in an XLR chassis, but I'd like to build an AR10 in the near future.

And thanks for the welcome everyone!

Cazz

US Army Veteran, Hunting Addict
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Hi there!

der Teufel

Livin' the Dream …
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Right now, my only .308 is a Remy 700 in an XLR chassis, but I'd like to build an AR10 in the near future.
I have an AR-10, but if you already have a 6.8 I would say you're covered for hog hunting. I got the AR-10 because I already had a .308 bolt gun and didn't want to bother with stocking another type of ammo. The AR-10 is noticeably heavy compared to the AR-15 platform, although I mostly use it an night, and therefore I'm not walking all over the place carrying it. During the day, if I'm covering much distance on foot I bring my bolt action.

NYCHOGKILLER

LSB Member
Welcome! Another NY'er eh? Where from? I'm from the Bronx but love in westchester now. Todd's videos got me into thermal hog hunting and I've been traveling down there for the past two years... I should be back later this month to kill hogs... where in Texas are you? I could use another hunter to join me... hope to hear from ya...

FrankT

Destin FL
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Welcome,I too use the 6.8 and have 4 or more, it is an addiction

NYCHOGKILLER

LSB Member
Welcome,I too use the 6.8 and have 4 or more, it is an addiction
Finishing mine this week... ************** 16" barrel.. Odin Works adj GB... JO LOMAS bcg.. LaRue MBT trigger .. B5 SOCOM stock.... DD MFR 12" FF handrail... putting it all together this week. Can't wait!

NYCHOGKILLER

LSB Member

And thanks for the welcome everyone!
I believe primary arms has the Aero precision upper and lower fornan ar10 on sale for $199.99... can't beat that! I built one with the same upper/lower and it's sweet... and yes I just went to primary arms and it's still on SALE

fubar1217

I believe primary arms has the Aero precision upper and lower fornan ar10 on sale for $199.99... can't beat that! I built one with the same upper/lower and it's sweet... and yes I just went to primary arms and it's still on SALE

I'm from Queens originally. Lived in Peekskill for 2 years before moving down here. Yeah, I saw the sale at Primary Arms but I've been building AR's like crazy so I'm going to back off for a little bit. Lol I just finished a mid-level AR (with some high end parts), waiting on a couple parts for a 9mm AR pistol and have some of the parts for the 6.8 build (just building an upper) and I'm going to still build a .300 blk rifle upper since I've been reloading for the pistol.

NYCHOGKILLER

LSB Member
I'm from Queens originally. Lived in Peekskill for 2 years before moving down here. Yeah, I saw the sale at Primary Arms but I've been building AR's like crazy so I'm going to back off for a little bit. Lol I just finished a mid-level AR (with some high end parts), waiting on a couple parts for a 9mm AR pistol and have some of the parts for the 6.8 build (just building an upper) and I'm going to still build a .300 blk rifle upper since I've been reloading for the pistol.
Nice. Where in Queens? I'm from the Bronx but lived for 8 years in middle village before moving to Westchester 2 years ago... I can't wait to retire.. im definitely moving to Texas... my sister is livinf in Houston now as we speak... my name is Vito... how's Texas so far? Where is Round Rock near?

fubar1217

Nice. Where in Queens? I'm from the Bronx but lived for 8 years in middle village before moving to Westchester 2 years ago... I can't wait to retire.. im definitely moving to Texas... my sister is livinf in Houston now as we speak... my name is Vito... how's Texas so far? Where is Round Rock near?

I was born in Flushing and lived in Forest Hills most of my life. Just got tired of the grind in NYC....and the politics. It's so much nicer down here. Round Rock is just north of Austin so we're about 3 hours away from Houston. How'd your sister do with the hurricane? Everyone ok down there? We're probably going to head down next weekend to see if we can help with clean up. And my name is Jerry.

NYCHOGKILLER

LSB Member
I was born in Flushing and lived in Forest Hills most of my life. Just got tired of the grind in NYC....and the politics. It's so much nicer down here. Round Rock is just north of Austin so we're about 3 hours away from Houston. How'd your sister do with the hurricane? Everyone ok down there? We're probably going to head down next weekend to see if we can help with clean up. And my name is Jerry.
Nice to meet you Jerry... I feel the same about NYC... I used to love it but the politics of NYC and NYS are disgusting... I have a friend in Austin so I'm hoping to come out that way sometime soon for a hunt... care to join in? My sister is in Houston is safe and thanks for asking... her town was flooded but didn't get the brunt of it... and that's awesome you're going down to help out... Texas will be my home once I retire...

fubar1217

Nice to meet you Jerry... I feel the same about NYC... I used to love it but the politics of NYC and NYS are disgusting... I have a friend in Austin so I'm hoping to come out that way sometime soon for a hunt... care to join in? My sister is in Houston is safe and thanks for asking... her town was flooded but didn't get the brunt of it... and that's awesome you're going down to help out... Texas will be my home once I retire...

Hell yeah man....just let me know when you plan on comin down. We'll have to get your some good bbq too!

Curly Shuffle

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Welcome to the mix!! Get to the donut shop as soon as you can!!! BANG BANG!!