How to use EOTech with PVS-14 w/ 3x mag

Andre Lopes

Boar Hunter from Southern Brazil
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Hello my friends!
In my country, is expressly prohibited the use of night vision equipment. Is only authorized for use by police, military and federal organ.
So, as I have no experience with this equipment, someone could explain to me how this optical assembly?

Thanks in advance!

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Thread the 3x to the front of pvs-14. Then mount the pvs and 3x behind the eotech. It really is just that simple!

Wassman

Houston, Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Well the eotech is the aiming optic and the PVS-14 with the 3x mag gives you the ability to see at night.

First of all the red dot or holographic aiming system has to be night vision compatible. Which makes the dot so dim that it can barely be seen with the naked eye, but the NV device picks it up just fine.
http://www.eotech-inc.com/products/sights/xps3
Some guys even use a Infra Red aiming laser too like this one, which projects a beam of light like a regular laser but cannot be seen with the naked eye. These are usually used in conjunction with the PVS-14 mounted on a helmet like the MIL.
http://****.com/shop/ldi-dbal-d2-class-1-ir-laser/

Finally the PVS-14 itself is just a night vision device that has not aiming previsions. There are other NV systems like dedicated NV scopes and dual PVS-14 for each eye when mounted on a helmet to have better depth perception.

And the 3x mag, is just that a magnifier that screws onto the PVS-14 to increase the magnification since the PVS-14 has no magnification.

There is alot of tech in the NV world and anything that is sold in the US can never be sold outside the US.

Andre Lopes

Boar Hunter from Southern Brazil
SUS VENATOR CLUB
My friends TEXASLAWMAN and Wassman!
Thank you all for the explanation!
I've had some experience in the military with some models of NVG. But I found very interesting the concept of the PVS-14. Unfortunately, this is the kind of equipment that I can only know through magazines and specialized sites. What really is a shame.

rob072770

Lewisville NC
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Well IMHO the PVS-27 is the real deal the problem is the cost around 10K in mounts in front of your scope lets say a 8.25 x 25 and it is on zero. It is good on big weapons. The PVS 14 RS now works on weapons up to 308. It is all way pricy for me. But that does not keep me from wishing I had one. Lottery winner. Oh we'll maybe one day.

Wassman

Houston, Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Well IMHO the PVS-27 is the real deal the problem is the cost around 10K in mounts in front of your scope lets say a 8.25 x 25 and it is on zero. It is good on big weapons. The PVS 14 RS now works on weapons up to 308. It is all way pricy for me. But that does not keep me from wishing I had one. Lottery winner. Oh we'll maybe one day.

I have been waiting for the WASP to hit the market, but it has had some hickups in developing a solid unit for retail sales. The unit does exist, but is currently being testing and all the bugs are being worked out. Here is a bit more info on the matter.

http://68forums.com/forums/showthread.php?35132-****-Announces-the-WASP-NV-Clip-On-Device

rob072770

Lewisville NC
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I did not see a price tag. Will be interresting to see where it come in at. The ability to put in front of a regular scope and maintain zero in what makes so intriguing.

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Looks like $5k+ but was also supposed to be available months ago. Wonder what the hold up is.

Wassman

Houston, Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I know the delay makes me wonder, but a clip on for 5k is interesting. I have found you cannot rely 100% on ****, but ident on the other hand stands behind their claims.

I cannot say this on the other forum and that is why I am liking LSB more and more. I can really speak my mind.

rob072770

Lewisville NC
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
If that is the true price point I would do that before the Pvs14/RS

Afalex1

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
The problem with a clip on is you are still somewhat blind walking or driving around trying to find the hogs. Or you are sweeping everything in sight with your muzzle before you even know what's out there.

I highly recommend a pvs 14/eotech setup as the first NV device for anyone to buy. Its versatility really makes it the best bang for your buck.

rob072770

Lewisville NC
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I think you would have to use in conjunction with helmet or monocle NV. Or thermal
Do you use the PVS-14 to find hogs then clip to rifle?

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
If that is the true price point I would do that before the Pvs14/RS
If it works. And if it even come out at that price point. I'm interested but I won't be a tester that's for sure
I think you would have to use in conjunction with helmet or monocle NV. Or thermal
Do you use the PVS-14 to find hogs then clip to rifle?

The clip on is attached to the rifle in front of the scope so no light gathering is lost. The pvs-14 is mounted to a helmet, handheld, or weapons mounted. There is the standard mount where you screw the pvs-14 onto the weapon. Then there is the d-lock which is way faster and what I use to attach the pvs behind the eotech.

So I walk and drive with the pvs mounted to the helmet when hogs are spotted I use either my IR laser, or mount it to the rifle with a 3x magnifier when it's time to shoot.

rob072770

Lewisville NC
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Ok,cool is it Jan. yet....... :)

rob072770

Lewisville NC
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I do have a M845 gen 2 NV it has. Red dot with a 2x if I remember correctly. I can see lighting bugs glint at 80 yds. I just do not have or get the time to hunt at night.

PS: maybe after I retire I will have more time to do.