How to set up your Armasight thermal.

Discussion in 'Night Vision/Thermal' started by TEXASLAWMAN, May 24, 2016.

1. TEXASLAWMAN

TEXASLAWMAN Lone Star Boars Owner LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY SUS VENATOR CLUB LoneStarBoars Supporter

Many of you are still having problems setting up or configuring your thermal scopes hope this helps.

2. Shooter

Shooter Bedford, Texas SUS VENATOR CLUB LoneStarBoars Supporter

good video

nice job!!

3. YellowHammer

YellowHammer North Alabama

In all honesty I think this is the best video you have ever posted, particularly since I have the same unit and the menu matches. Thanks.

4. shawns

shawns Tuscaloosa, Alabama

Thanks! Exactly the info I needed!

5. Jhop

Jhop LSB Active Member SUS VENATOR CLUB

Great info. I have two of the units in the video. The adjustments required for each one to get a good picture is different. I adjusted them side by side at the same time too.

6. Ratdog68

Ratdog68 LSB Official Story Teller LoneStarBoars Supporter

Nice. It's videos like these which help folks to understand the use of these pieces of kit. Nice job on this one.

7. TEXASLAWMAN

TEXASLAWMAN Lone Star Boars Owner LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY SUS VENATOR CLUB LoneStarBoars Supporter

Your brightness may be set different not sure there could be several factors. The main thing is getting them to look the best.

8. FrankT

FrankT Destin FL LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY LoneStarBoars Supporter

I think this will be helpful as most complaints on the Armasight ends up operator error and not set up properly.

9. TEXASLAWMAN

Yea after making this they called me had 10 units returned last month because they were blury. The owners never adjusted the diopter.

10. FrankT

FrankT Destin FL LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY LoneStarBoars Supporter

I figured as much, I think your youtube should be sent with every sale, maybe it will help.

11. chthump

chthump LSB Member

I have 2 of the 336-42mm, they have different views as well. One is a little darker than the other on the same settings.

12. scrmblr1982cj8

scrmblr1982cj8 LSB Active Member LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY LoneStarBoars Supporter

Thanks for sharing. I spent about an hour last weekend playing around and learning the scope. It is very east to play with once you get the hang of it.

13. jrweston

jrweston New Member SUS VENATOR CLUB

Todd, When I'm looking at the eyepiece on the Armasight Zeus 3-25x75 and turn the unit on the picture is very clear for a couple of seconds then the view gets grayed out some and the picture is not as clear. Any suggestions.

14. TEXASLAWMAN

Is this an updated firmware unit? Sounds like the auto gain control is taking over but hard to tell without seeing it.

15. jrweston

jrweston New Member SUS VENATOR CLUB

The unit has not had the software update yet. Waiting on the hogs to give me a break. Thanks

16. kryptekman

kryptekman LSB Member

Thanks I took down my Smart Scene settings and was able to see a little better detail overall! I had it in the 80s

17. rob072770

rob072770 Lewisville NC SUS VENATOR CLUB LoneStarBoars Supporter

Excellent video since I just had a firmware update with new features. Very helpful.the firmware was worth doing. Now to get my settings right and to re zero. I did right my number done so we will see if that works.

18. Fox53

Fox53 New Member

I am a new member. I just bought an Armasight Zeus 640. I am going to mount it on an ar platform 6.8spc. The ar is a rock river and has the military style fixed post sight on front with and above the gas block. Will this interfere with the thermal scope picture? Do I need to get another front sigh and gas block. Thank you for any help on ths matter>

19. Fox53

Fox53 New Member

Thanks for the video, it was very helpful

20. FrankT

If it is in the way just dremel the top off the sight leaving the gas block intact.