SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Somebody's new drone arrived !

Uhhh? (T)? Did'ja remember to use a fender washer on the inside of the barrel when installing your eyebolt? Don't want that nut/bolt tail pulling through when 'dem hogs start partying.

Good job on the vid there Kemosabe.

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Somebody's new drone arrived !

Uhhh? (T)? Did'ja remember to use a fender washer on the inside of the barrel when installing your eyebolt? Don't want that nut/bolt tail pulling through when 'dem hogs start partying.

Good job on the vid there Kemosabe.

Yes on the drone my apple laptop ate the best footage sigh. Yes there are washers on the inside and out guess I clipped the inside one out of the video oops.

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Good eye there RD. but....if you keep pointing out TLM's mistakes, he might put you in the corner.:D

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Good eye there RD. but....if you keep pointing out TLM's mistakes, he might put you in the corner.:D
Nice try, but I can't get in trouble for asking a question. LOL

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Last edited:

DaveABQ

Albuquerque, NM
Looking at the barrels, those are 15 gallon on the left and 30 on the right. 15's are a little easier to use, but as you said, don't last as long.

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Looking at the barrels, those are 15 gallon on the left and 30 on the right. 15's are a little easier to use, but as you said, don't last as long.

I don't know the little ones say 30 gallons right on the side.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
No problem on the barrels, the small white ones I have had out 4 years now w no problems and they get beat up bad...the best are the 59 gallon pickle barrels and that one has been out 5 years. I have found them all broken loose at times and over 100 yds away, usually the swivel that breaks. Now I am using 2 cinder blocks on the other end to keep them in the area, works great.

The inside washer was still on top of the barrel as you were tightening the nut down unless you had a spare.

Really like your new drone, is that the top of the line one you were talking about?

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
The inside washer was still on top of the barrel as you were tightening the nut down unless you had a spare.

Yes I had a 5 pack of washers there were a few extras scattered around.

DaveABQ

Albuquerque, NM
I don't know the little ones say 30 gallons right on the side.

Not sure what the marking is, but it's 15. I use both 30's and 55's for water when hunting.

The thing I like about hog barrels is the simplicity. If you build and have them ready. They only take a short time to deploy in the field and simple to fill.

Last edited:

Galveston340

LSB Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I am picking up some this afternoon from a friend over in Alvin. He gets them from a couple of local car washes.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I really like the 15 gallon white barrels, they hold 100lbs of corn or more but I put 25-50 in them and have a cow bell attached and some river rocks in them for noise..1, 9/16 hole has them lasting a week or 2 sometimes longer wit 20lbs of corn. If they get wet or mucky inside I just take the bung hole out and they clean it up for me.