How to..bungie cord things on Ops Core Helmet

ppapago

Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
I got an ops core helmet and it has these two bungie type cords on the front of the helmet. Do y"all know what these are really for? I assumed it helps retain the pvs-14, but i cannot figure out how exactly in works.

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
They're stabilizers for the unit, aren't they?

hdfireman

Blackstone Arms
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I don't use them either but they are for stabilizing the PV-14. The mil spec j-arm and rhino mount can be a little sloppy.

Shooter

Bedford, Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
they are there for both a stabilizer and safety cord in case you knock the set up off. They are very worthwhile to use, especially if you have no other safety devise on your rig.

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
And, DON'T ask us if we're LOST !

hdfireman

Blackstone Arms
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I'm at the station today. If no one posts a pic before Monday morning I will when I get home.

Shooter

Bedford, Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I sent HD two pics of my set up. Basically one before and one after using them. There are a # of ways to use the cords.

He can put those up or put others up. With the Rhino mount system, it can become wobbly and if the mount is bumped on a car door frame or tree limbs it can work loose. The Wilcox system is more secure, and has a sliding lock to prevent the loss. If the cords are there then why not use it !!

Shooter

Bedford, Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Because I do not know how to. One of these days I may learn but honestly-nah!!

Afalex1

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
The bungees suck when you try to switch the pvs 14 to the rifle. One more thing to fight with. Unless you do it like TLM and unscrew the j-arm each time. I don't care for the bungees.

hdfireman

Blackstone Arms
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
OK, after I got home and looked at it better I don't know if I want to post pics because really there is no right or wrong way to use them. As most have stated they don't use them and I also do not and there is not a dedicated attachment point. The bungies were really designed for goggles. When using them with a 14 it's hard to get the same tension on each side. To do this you need to hook them to the mount itself. By hooking to the actual PVS-14 it puts more pressure to one side because it is already offset. I don't have much experience using the bungie so I'm not going to tell people what works best. I will try to get more info for the NV master and pass it on. LOL

I will say I have used them once. My helmet mount broke and the rhino mount would not stay in. I ran the cords across it to hold it in. Got them as tight as I could and it made it through the hunt.

Shooter

Bedford, Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
If you take a look at the pics I sent you you will see they are not hooked onto the mount. They are over it and keep the mount on the weapon if it gets bumped loose. That method also solves Alex's issue. I have used them very well with both the Rhino and Wilcox mount.

I never hook it to the actual PVS 14, but there is a way to do that also without tension, but you must use tie downs, and it works well although there is some slack. I always carry about four tie downs with me when hunting. They are invaluable.