How much does group size matter?

JPK

LSB Active Member
Very interesting, and counter to my expectations.

What I found most contradictory to my expectations was the lack of any sunstantial vertical spread.

Thanks for posting the link to the info.

JPK

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
To go hand in hand with that... watch "Art of the Precision Rifle" from MAGPUL. They teach some of what it takes to fine tune the human factor of driving the gun... as well as equipment advice and technique for what it takes to ring steel at a mile... even with a .308 (AR 10 platform). I've watched it through more than once, each time, you soak in a little more of what they're presenting.

DaveABQ

Albuquerque, NM
Very interesting, and counter to my expectations.

What I found most contradictory to my expectations was the lack of any sunstantial vertical spread.

Thanks for posting the link to the info.

JPK

The wind in the simulation varied +/-2 mph, hence more variation in pattern horizontally than vertically

JPK

LSB Active Member
Yea, I get that, but I still would have thought that round to round velocity variation would have created more verticle spread, at least at those ranges.

Chrono'ing factory ammo often reveals substantial velocity variation, and even hand weighing individual charges can't get rid of it.

Perhaps the variable for velocity deviation was set to a higher standard than I find with factory ammo, or have managed when I load.

JPK