How many actually compete or are looking to?

Discussion in 'SHOOTING SPORTS/COMPETITIONS' started by JamesB74, Jul 29, 2014.

1. JamesB74

JamesB74 LSB Member

Like the title says. How many compete in any shooting sport that is not hunting? Or how many are looking to compete?

There are a ton of clubs and opportunities around DFW and across Texas that you might not know about!

2. TEXASLAWMAN

TEXASLAWMAN Lone Star Boars Owner LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY SUS VENATOR CLUB LoneStarBoars Supporter

I want to, had a great time at the Ft Worth swat challenge this year. 3 gun looks really fun!

3. FrankT

FrankT Destin FL LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY LoneStarBoars Supporter

I would but it looks to be a younger mans game, at least to get started from scratch.

4. TEXASLAWMAN

TEXASLAWMAN Lone Star Boars Owner LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY SUS VENATOR CLUB LoneStarBoars Supporter

I'm going to really encourage my daughter to do 3 gun when she is old enough. It seems a girl that shoots well can secure sponsorships fairly easy.

5. rgilbert

rgilbert LSB Active Member LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY SUS VENATOR CLUB

I did IPSC and sporting clays. I had a blast, but I put all my money into hunting now.

6. hdfireman

hdfireman Blackstone Arms SUS VENATOR CLUB LoneStarBoars Supporter Vendor

I'd like to at least try it but I can't find the time. Maybe some day.

7. sjb67

sjb67 Mineral Wells, Texas LoneStarBoars Supporter

I shoot sporting clays in most of the oil and gas related shoots here in North Texas.

8. BigRedDog

BigRedDog LSB Active Member SUS VENATOR CLUB LoneStarBoars Supporter Vendor

I drive the Katy Freeway every day, that is competition enough for me

9. sjb67

I have looked at 3 gun a little. Looks like a lot of fun. Just have not jumped in. Wish I knew someone local to learn the ropes from. I enjoy anything shooting including archery.

10. Wassman

Wassman Houston, Texas SUS VENATOR CLUB LoneStarBoars Supporter

Maybe you can talk Jamesb74 into showing you the ropes.

I barely have enough time to hunt and lease up keep. So comp is out for now. I have considered building a 3gun rifle just for kicks though, but that got put on the back burner since I missed out on ***'s 3 gun barrel.

11. sjb67

Yep. I am pressed for time myself. I have a ranked Sporting Clays shooter that is willing to work with me for free as long as I commit to shooting at least three rounds a month. I cannot seem to find the time to give that a fair shot. I would love the lessons and I know without practice they are a waste of time so maybe sometime.

From what I read James would be someone to pay attention to.

12. JamesB74

JamesB74 LSB Member

Doesn't necessarily have to be 3 gun. Can also be USPSA, steel matches, IDPA. TXPRC long range.

And any age as well. The whole spectrum of ages usually show up.

Was just curious.
    One place to start would be NTMG. They host a monthly 3 gun and steel match.
    3rd weekend of the month is the steel match. 4th weekend of the month is the 3gun. And they run the 3 gun on both Saturday and Sunday so you can pick either day to shoot.

There are also a lot of others as well. Can look up DAPS or CCIDPA and get schedules. DAPS shoots at ETTS range and at Elm Fork quite often. Also TX Combat shooters hold a bi monthly night match at elm fork.

sjb67 likes this.