How do then know my bedtime?

SteveR

LSB Member
Boar 9-11-14.1.JPG For the past couple of nights, and several times in the past, these suckers seem to know when I go to bed. Last night about 9 or 10 showed up about thirty minutes before I was ready to turn in. They were about 250 yards out in the pasture and I decided I just wasn't that mad at them. Just before I was going to hit the hay I checked the pasture again and saw they had moved to within about 140 yards or so. Well, I couldn't resist so I got my pig slayer and walked out to where my truck is parked. I used it for a rest and dropped one of the larger ones, but when I went out to get it that danged dead pig had run off. I'm still waiting for the buzzards to show me where it went to.

Then tonight this one showed up, again, when I was about to go to bed. He was about 250+ yards out but this time I decided to go get him. I got my gear and stalked to within about 30 yards or so and let him have it. He went down right away but I still had to hit him a couple more times to convince him that he was dead. Anyway, another late night and long day tomorrow but one more to add to the kill counter.

FrankT

Destin FL
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Nice Steve, what caliber is that and what bullets are you using?

SteveR

LSB Member
Nice Steve, what caliber is that and what bullets are you using?
Frank, It's a 5.56 and the bullet is a 55 gr Sierra (1365) with 26grs. of H335. I've found it's accurate in my rifle and works real well on both hogs and coyotes, although the coyotes don't always go straight down unless you hit them through the shoulder.

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Drop 'em like a bad habit... with extreme prejudice.

rgilbert

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Way to go Steve. And yes I have seen him drop a bunch of hogs with that rifle. I've only seen him miss one time in the twenty plus years I've known him. That was two weeks ago. I think he's getting old. I'm not. LOL

SteveR

LSB Member
Way to go Steve. And yes I have seen him drop a bunch of hogs with that rifle. I've only seen him miss one time in the twenty plus years I've known him. That was two weeks ago. I think he's getting old. I'm not. LOL
Yes you are getting old....just not as old as me. And you're a liar too, you've seen me miss twice ;)

rgilbert

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
That is true.

BigRedDog

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I thought I made a mistake once, but I was wrong

BigRedDog

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
nice hog btw

BigRedDog

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
View attachment 1605 For the past couple of nights, and several times in the past, these suckers seem to know when I go to bed. Last night about 9 or 10 showed up about thirty minutes before I was ready to turn in. They were about 250 yards out in the pasture and I decided I just wasn't that mad at them. Just before I was going to hit the hay I checked the pasture again and saw they had moved to within about 140 yards or so. Well, I couldn't resist so I got my pig slayer and walked out to where my truck is parked. I used it for a rest and dropped one of the larger ones, but when I went out to get it that danged dead pig had run off. I'm still waiting for the buzzards to show me where it went to.

Then tonight this one showed up, again, when I was about to go to bed. He was about 250+ yards out but this time I decided to go get him. I got my gear and stalked to within about 30 yards or so and let him have it. He went down right away but I still had to hit him a couple more times to convince him that he was dead. Anyway, another late night and long day tomorrow but one more to add to the kill counter.
any more?

SteveR

LSB Member
Another bed time boar. About 11:15 tonight. There were about 9 or 10 in my front pasture and I had to maneuver around so my horses or my neighbor's house wasn't in the line of fire. I picked out what looked like a fairly big one and down he went, but he was only about 50 or 60 lbs. so the other ones must have been babies. Boar 9-22-14R.jpg

Brian Shaffer

Hog Hunter
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I picked out what looked like a fairly big one and down he went, but he was only about 50 or 60 lbs. so the other ones must have been babies.

I hate it when that happens.

Buy hey, you stopped several years of destruction by getting them young!

rgilbert

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Good job Steve.

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Nap-time for Porkie.